W.U.A.M. (writers united against meyers) : Forum : Which do you hate more- The bo..

[reply] [quote]

Which do you hate more- The books or movies?

13 Years Ago

I certainly hate the movies more. With Twilight, that director attempted (and failed at) making the movie look all deep and dark and serious. With the Twilight book, it started out way too slow and with too much filler, then just immediatly jumped into the exciting parts. There was no rising action.   With New Moon, it was the same terrible acting, but this time, the director rushed EVERYTHING and had no sense of humor. I remember a few lines from New Moon which were meant to be funny, which either Kristen Stewart fked up, or the director told her to fk up. Oh, and plus, the director put all the shirtless guys in there specifically so he could get more money.   And finnally, with Eclipse-I have to say, I loved it. It was hilarious, and there was just a bunch of things about it I loved. For instance, when Jacob told Edward "I AM HOTTER THAN YOU." I'm not saying that it is the best movie ever, but that was the first Twilight movie where the director wasn't some weird, emotionless, humor-less person who had almost no experience with directing. It was actually entertaining.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Which do you hate more- The books or movies?

13 Years Ago

I definitely hate the movies more. I'd rather read the books instead, you know? lol
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Both. Enough said.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Sarah~Saki
I certainly hate the movies more. With Twilight, that director attempted (and failed at) making the movie look all deep and dark and serious. With the Twilight book, it started out way too slow and with too much filler, then just immediatly jumped into the exciting parts. There was no rising action.   With New Moon, it was the same terrible acting, but this time, the director rushed EVERYTHING and had no sense of humor. I remember a few lines from New Moon which were meant to be funny, which either Kristen Stewart fked up, or the director told her to fk up. Oh, and plus, the director put all the shirtless guys in there specifically so he could get more money.   And finnally, with Eclipse-I have to say, I loved it. It was hilarious, and there was just a bunch of things about it I loved. For instance, when Jacob told Edward "I AM HOTTER THAN YOU." I'm not saying that it is the best movie ever, but that was the first Twilight movie where the director wasn't some weird, emotionless, humor-less person who had almost no experience with directing. It was actually entertaining.

really depends theres good movies and good  books  and at times theres movies i don't wanna see cause they take out  how it  was supposed to be  too much  so they mess it up i can't stand that.  i love movies and books but they haev to be good  if they are not i won't  watch or read em  I think the Twilight sucked  and  i like stephen king  books more then twilight books not big on chick flick movies they make me fall asleep pretty much a lot of em i love horro fantasay  scary  funny action  some romance  but Twilight just did  too much  was'nt  like a vampire movie really sucked my husband wasted his money on that movie i  like it to  be more a vampire movie like Queen of the Damned   And lota Dracula movies and love kung  fu  movies like blood sport  bruce lee movies  Li lee movies.  One  movie  i have seen book of Eli that was a  Amazing  movie  it's a have to see   
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I'd have to say I hate the movies more, 'cause think about it: if the movies hadn't been made then the books would be nowhere near as popular as what they are and then we wouldn't have to put up with it anywhere near as much as we do.... personally though I love to point out the flaws of both of them to someone who's a fanatic it's so much fun!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I hear less about the books than I do about the movies. I'm an avid movie fan, but even I walked out of the first one. Awful script (partly due to Meyers' awful book), the cinematography was shoddy and, well, sitting there with teenage girls all whispering how cute Foot Face, um, I mean Robert Pattinson, is, made me want to vomit. 

In terms of film quality, they lack anything that makes a movie decent. The SFX were laughable. The main issue I have is that it takes itself far too seriously. The Lost Boys poked fun at itself and Interview with the Vampire was serious, but it was in a Gothic horror style. The Hammer Horror flicks were so OTT, you couldn't help but laugh. But that's what made them good!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well.. to be fair I haven't read/watched the whole of either of the book nor movie.... and yet well I write these there is a stupid advertisement stating "find your twilight vampire power..." I wander if there is a power that would whip it from the face of the planet!  
In any case I hate them both, but I got tired of the book from the first page. I at least seen the beginning and the end of the movie. I could fill in everything in between in a few words.
New girl not used to anything meets vampire boy who is completely diffrent
boy can't read her mind (only other part I remember)
boy falls for girl
protects her saves the day
end up at some dance happily ever after
(there is the whole first book in like less than 20 words, case closed)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

With the movies, they have the directors and the editors, and no doubt a host of writers to support Stephenie Meyer, so the input and portrayal isn't just Meyer. It's a whole host of other idiotic, unoriginal sheep following the distinctly sh***y smell left behind by the books!

So I think it's definitely the books, simply because they're all Meyer. Nobody else to blame.

Max.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I'm hoping when I am her age i'm not dreaming up sparking vampire and depressed teenagers...

[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Both, even though I've never read the books and have only watched 1 movie. That is just to say how much I HATE Twilight.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jay
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

The director for Twilight and the director for New Moon are different people so the movies are going to be different. As I haven't bothered watching New Moon, I will say that I liked the fact that Twilight stuck fairly close to the book. Where as in Harry Potter, they changed and skipped quite a bit. (I'm more of a book fan than movie fan when it comes to the HP series.)

I did like the Twilight books at one point. Back in middle school actually. Which was four or five years ago. Now...I can't really stomach them. Basically..I don't really like either. (Sorry, I have a tendency to ramble.)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Jay
The director for Twilight and the director for New Moon are different people so the movies are going to be different. As I haven't bothered watching New Moon, I will say that I liked the fact that Twilight stuck fairly close to the book. Where as in Harry Potter, they changed and skipped quite a bit. (I'm more of a book fan than movie fan when it comes to the HP series.)

I did like the Twilight books at one point. Back in middle school actually. Which was four or five years ago. Now...I can't really stomach them. Basically..I don't really like either. (Sorry, I have a tendency to ramble.)

That is because not much happened in Twilight, as in Harry Potter if they added all the things that happened it would be over3 hours long... Nothing happened in Twilight but a lot of bullshit, they should have just added that last scene of fighting, the only part that was worth watching and even that was gay.   And the only reason you can not stomach them now is because of all the idiots drooling over it. I just found the book to familiar with a lot of other high school romance bullshit (sorry to those who write high school romances here)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I hated both.  However, I hated the books more because they took longer to get through.  I only had to suffer through an hour two at time with the movies.  With the books the suffering was relentless and went on for weeks at a time!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Thought I'd share this with you as you guys would appreciate it-other day my mate posted a photo she'd taken out on the downs (she lives in Brighton) and all she said to me was that she was calling the photo 'Society'. I then looked at the photo and laughed my arse off-it was of a pile of rubbish and in it was a DVD-the first Twilight film. Someone had obviously thought it was sh*t and chucked it out. Really awesome picture. 
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Ashley.M.E
Well.. to be fair I haven't read/watched the whole of either of the book nor movie.... and yet well I write these there is a stupid advertisement stating "find your twilight vampire power..." I wander if there is a power that would whip it from the face of the planet!  
In any case I hate them both, but I got tired of the book from the first page. I at least seen the beginning and the end of the movie. I could fill in everything in between in a few words.
boy falls for girl

How unwise. I like to learn about things before I hate them.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

boy falls for girl

we really going to fight about this... besides if you want to... than you explain it in your own words. Can you honestly say there is more to it than that... I was just stating the first movie... and it's to hard to get to know something when you can't get past the first page..
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

boy falls for girl

we really going to fight about this... besides if you want to... than you explain it in your own words. Can you honestly say there is more to it than that... I was just stating the first movie... and it's to hard to get to know something when you can't get past the first page..

I see both your points. I forced myself to finish the book (then had a shower to scrub off the filth and got drunk to try and erase the memory of it.) It was bloody tough reading it because it was so bad, so I can understand it being difficult to read!
Personally, I'll investigate and try and form an opinion that has been made through self education. That way I'm not second guessed and I can hold my ground during debates. 

The formula for Twilight is just boy meets girl mixed with 'vampires' and 'were wolves'. It lacks anything of substance. And like someone said, the dialogue is unrealistic and the whole thing just smacks of lowest common denominator. 

I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I read the first book. Gotta say, it was really well written, even if I do think some of it is plagiarised. That's why the Potter franchise doesn't bother me; at least it's got more depth than fricking Twilight.

[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I hate them both but I definitely hate the books more lol
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I prefer Lost Boys over Twilight, I am from the generation and it is a childhood classic for me from which I have never outgrown.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by James Watts
I prefer Lost Boys over Twilight, I am from the generation and it is a childhood classic for me from which I have never outgrown.

The sequel was unforgivable. What the hell were they thinking?! Lost boys is a classic-then, a lot of 80's films are! 

First Page first
Previous Page prev