Wallingford Writers Community : Forum : Writers Software

Writers Software

13 Years Ago

Does anyone use a software program for writers? If so, do you recommend the one you are using? Please share your experiences. Thank you. Chris Wall

Re: Writers Software

13 Years Ago

Hi Chris, You might try one of the series "Power Structure, Power Writer, Power Tracker"  and/or "WritePro". You should be able to get a free demo CD by contacting [email protected] or 858-270-7515 or www.writepro.com (1-858-270-7204). Best, KarenL

13 Years Ago

Karen, Do you think that programs with voice would help me? I know when I use the Microsoft Word program I have missed some important things. I thinking of getting a writing program with voice so I can write better. I have done well with Microsoft Word, but I did not if a wirting program with voice would help me even though I do well with programs like Word. Thanks, Jessica

13 Years Ago

I use Write It Now, which was $59.95 a few months ago.  It's great for Chapters, scenes, character description and analysis.  It's easy to move sections around.  There's even a character name generator.  You can download the MS into Word and it creates a fully formatted MS ... double-spaced and indented with headers and title page.   No voice recognition software though.   Kathy Albert

13 Years Ago

I am searching for writers software also - considering Writers Dream Kit, Storyist, Write It Now and also found Storyweaver - anyone used any of these ? Has to be mac compatible for me. Any input is appreciated.
  esch