Want Some Reviews? : Forum : How not to get fired.( title o..

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mya

How not to get fired.( title of a chapter,backstory of main lead part 1)

7 Months Ago

TRIGGER WARNING** 
THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN DISTRESSING CONTENT. YOU CAN SKIP ON MY STORY/ THIS CHAPTER IF YOU FEEL YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE DISTRESSING  CONTENT AT THE MOMENT.
==========================================================================    

You move into your new apartment, and after numerous amount of hardships in life, you finally convince your parents to let you move out of the house. and you move into this new city, Eranil in an island close to your parent's mainland. Currently having the bare minimum of place to crash and a couple of cloths and a furniture, You go job hunting. You do have a solid resume at hand and being tired of a full 9 to 5 type of job ,so you try to start off with some small Part time jobs first. But you being shy and inexperienced for applying made you apply for very few jobs. some Of the jobs were weird and some were sketchy. You did receive a few work from home jobs such as content creator for a empty section in a local magazine, Matt weaving , candle making, Occasionally you would get gigs to be in host crew in events and parties. One time during one of the events your friend ends up damaging one of the Guest's property and you took up responsibility as you were partially responsible and your friend was working that day despite being sick. There weren't big damage to the product you even personally cleaned the item and inspected the damage, the antique gold appearance on the key seemed to have lost it sheen and looks, now it isnt golden and just has rustic appearance, structure wise it isnt compromised at all. You can handle it and presented yourself as the sole person who handled the Item. 
                                    You go into the Room and stand there nervous. You see the Resort manager with that Odd looking guest. He was complaining how his precious Item of sentimental value was tampered with. He was complaining that the Protection spell was not only denatured by heat but also been tampered with further and someone had imbibed their energy into their key. As Odd, Mystical and crazy this might seem The Resort manager seem to be completely taking his side. This made worried you a bit. You asked if they could deduct your pay as well as transfer the wages of upcoming  events hosting as well as to repair the damaged product. The Guest and the manager were furious , and you immediately regretted uttering it. You apologized and  told them that that is the only thing you can think of. You told how this job is needed for your livelihood currently and how giving away all of its earnings until the repairs are made is a way for you to show the sincerity and accountability for your blunder and your efforts to rectify it. The Guest then leaned close to you and inspected you head toe with their eyes, circling several times around you. Then they proposed you to work under them on an upcoming project in their company for a period of 3 years contract. You broke out in cold sweat ... "will I be asked to pay with my body" is the first question that popped up in your head with how he was eyeing you earlier. You were scared with how much of deep s*it you might have landed yourself in. You thought you could decline, even though you may get fired. At that point the guest told the manager "If your staffs accept to this, You fire your staff, but I will hire her instead, she needn't worry about salary as I would be paying her salary. But if she refuses You would have to fire everyone who was in my room and party- cleaning team, Hosting team everyone: or else I will withdraw the support from our company to this resort." With this the manager grew pale, and Your heart dropped and your body started to grow numb. "I .... accept your ...job offer." you say with lack of choice. "Good choice. You were the one who tampered with the key right? I can see the match in energy. Hence, You would be the right choice for the job. Meet me at the Lobby in 30 mins. I'll hand you a ride home to new living space in my company. there you will be given the job details " he said and walked out. " *sigh* I did not expect this from an Unproblematic staff like you. well, I guess we have no choice but to fire you. but we will record it as termination of contract by the employee, due to the Staff needing to travel to a different state for a long time. By doing so, you can avoid black mark in your record . You may go now. Please take care mam. IF I can help you personally, I'll do. There is certain privileges available for ex-employees, here in this pamphlet. you can avail them as you have received 2 gold stars in your service and are not fired but rather chose to quit." said the manager as he wrote his number on a paper and gave it with the pamphlet to you". 
                   You slowly walk towards the the lobby with a heavy drowning feeling. You finally was able to start afresh after wallowing for long being depressed about your personal problems, and yet you seem to have quickly landed into trouble which might cost your life and dignity. Your ears started to ring, everything others tell sounded a bit hazy. The guest, now your employer was at the lobby. The smile plastered on his face looked terrifying. He put his arm around you and whispered in your ear "By the looks of this people might think I chose a older working lady as my Mistress" and laughed.  You were never expecting to be terrified of a handsome and kind looking, younger boy yourself. But there you are mildly trembling. You look and see some of your team mates Eye ball on you without knowing what just happened. You walk into the carriage and sit there and zone out looking out the window.