War Of The Grimm : Forum : Chapter 1: Welcome To War

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

Re: Chapter 1: Welcome To War

9 Years Ago

"Dont think you're gonna walk that easy" Jaune said as he walked into the room holding Norman. He looked like absolute s**t; a testament to the lethality of Ciar's semblance. "We have some questions for you, ones that you WILL answer. Otherwise I'll get Ciar back in here. There's plenty of shadows for him to work with" Jaune was bluffing, of course. He had no intention of torturing the man. The Atlas soldiers tensed as Jaune walked closer to Norman and pulled out a small vial, the same one Ciar had found. "First question, where'd you find these petals? And why are you keeping them contained?"

9 Years Ago

"They were a gift from a family friend. I managed to gather the vial before the Beowulf killed my family. That friend said if anything should happen that concerned the Grimm I should come here and join the academy. Instead I find the military, who seem keen on underestimating me." He said plainly. Sure his wounds hurt like hell, but he wasn't going to show that. The sooner he could retrieve his things the sooner he could leave.
Red

9 Years Ago

Jaune processed the information Norman had given him and exuded to drop the bomb. "Norman, have you ever heard of Team RWBY? They were the best huntresses to ever live, trained right here at Beacon too. My own team fought alongside them" Jaune rolled the vial in his hand once more, deep in thought. "These petals are hardened aura. Now, hardening aura is a very difficult feat, something only one person to my knowledge has done. Now, do you know the name of this family friend? What they looked like? Anything?"

9 Years Ago

"My father and she were good friends. They went hunting together often....... I would go with them to learn. She would sometimes talk about her team, but whenever she did she would get this somber look for some reason....... I think her name started with an R..... it's been several years now." Norman said trying to recall he remembered his father saying she was his godmother, or something to that affect. He really liked her, but she disappeared right before the Beowulf attack......

9 Years Ago

Eryn:
I watch from the doorway as Jaune interrogated the man, pulling out a vial containing several red petals. I stagger back, an image flashing in my mind.

Two figures at a cliff face, one red, one white. Snow whips about them, catching amongst the snowflakes red petals.

I open my eyes to see wooden panels. Picking myself up, I notice the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. I reach up and touch my face to find my nose bleeding. Could it have been my aura latching on to the image of the petals?

9 Years Ago

Brenin: I walked out of the ship smiling like a giddy idiot, even though there was no real reason to smile, "Eryn, can you believe it? Beacon, still shining like, well, a beacon of hope despite all of this darkness. It's still so beautiful," I say, making sure Grimm Reaper was firmly in place as we walked out to meet our new teammate. "I'm Brenin Llwyd, it's very nice to meet you." I say, shaking Ciar Katz' hand. We walked for a minute before he started to ask us about ourselves, "I've already introduced myself, but again, I'm Brenin. I hope you don't hold the whole faunus thing against me, I don't know where you stand on the apparent issue of my kind, but yeah, the tail and the ears must have given it away. I come from a family of Fox fauni, and damn proud of it. I was top of my class at the academy in Vacuo, yada yada. I'm sure you've already been briefed about us about all that stuff, am I right?" I say, trying to keep the situation light. I stop for a sec and impulsively hug Ciar, "I am sorry about your teammates. When Jaune called me to ask me to come here...well, I know a bit about you too. It must be really hard to have to accept a new team so soon after what happened."

After I finished speaking I realesed Ciar from my hug as he got in a call on his earpiece. We were told to go to our rooms and get some rest, so I followed the location given to me and headed to where I would be (not) sleeping for the forseable future. But as soon as I had thrown my bags down on the bed, Ciar was back and calling me and Eryn in for a fight. I unleased Grimm Reaper from it's secure sheath and ran down the hall with Eryn and Ciar, prepared to fight the Grimm that showed up. Eryn and Ciar clearly had the situation handled, as I didn't even get to crack my whip like I would during a normal fight. Pity that.

I wait patiently as Jaune interogates Norman, and rightfully so. The second this weirdo showed up at Beacon, weird things started happening. I listened closely, hearing mention of hardened aura and then saw a small vial containing two rose petals, and listened as Jaune spoke so lovingly about team RWBY. I felt myself begin to cry, but I couldn't tell why, though I knew the story about the disappearances. Yang, Weiss, Blake, Ruby...they were my idols, and part oft he reason I went into training to become a huntress. At that moment, Eryn herself pulled out her own little vial and the second she did, she started to fall. I rushed to her side as she got up, "Are you okay, Eryn?" I asked, concerned. My tail swished and my ears flicked back and forth as I continued to listen to the conversation while trying to note with my very keen sense of smell where the smell of blood was coming from.

Red

9 Years Ago

Jaune's eyes went wide as Norman gave him the information he'd asked for. So, she was alive. Ruby was still alive. Everyone but the core of Beacon's former fourth years had given up hope, several had even died in their search for her. Jaune remembered how devastated Yang was when he'd told her that she was gone; Yang had just curled up into a ball and didn't do anything for several days. Weiss had been more composed about it though, although Jaune knew that she had cried herself to sleep for months after her 'loss'. But with the news that she was alive...Jaune turned towards Norman, staring at him quizzically. "Do you know where she went? Did she mention anything?" Jaune sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Look, finding your family friend is extremely important. Please, I need the information" Jaune looked at the one way glass, knowing that Ciar's teammates were behind it. He knew a lot of young hunters and huntresses who joined up specifically because of the exploits of people like Team JNPR or, especially, Team RWBY. He smiled, hoping to give them some peace after hearing the news that one of their biggest idols had finally been found. Suddenly, a thought popped into his head, one related to the petals. "Norman, this friend...did she leave a message for anyone here at Beacon? Anyone in particular? Did anything seem off about her, out of the ordinary?"

9 Years Ago

"She said show the vial to the man in charge and he will take care of you in my stead.'........ in all honesty I forgot I had it on me. I usually stash things precious to me before entering an unknown area. So I took the...... hostile approach instead." He said with a tinge of guilt. He had heard about a fatality, which wasn't his intention. He wanted to join them not ostraciz himself from them, but depending on how this goes he would have to escape again. This time with a lot more fatalities. " Out of respect for my godmother's respect for this place I'll tell you what I know. She was an excellent huntswoman on par with my father, which is saying something m her weapon was what I remember the most. A scythe that turned into rifle....... as to where she went I'm not sure. She disappeared a few days before the attack. Though I did find a field that seemed to hold a battle. Marks from her weapon were evident, but as my objective was find you not her I didn't track her."
Red

9 Years Ago

That sealed it. Jaune finally had his answer. Ruby Rose, one of his best friends was still alive. He didn't know where she was, but he would find her on behalf of all her friends. "She wasn't just an excellent huntress, she was THE best huntress ever seen" Jaune told Norman, his tone low and sorrowful. Jaune looked at the rose petals inside the vial, clutching it tightly. "She was probably trying to protect your village...or just removing an obstacle" One of the harder memories of Ruby came back to Jaune. After the uprising, Ruby slowly became more reserved and focused, much more mature. She still acted childishly, but her love of battle definitely increased. Jaune sighed, "Out of respect for Ru-your godmother, I will honour her wishes. However, if you try anything stupid, kill anymore of my men or try to murder my friends? I WILL kill you" With that out of the way, Jaune turned to the guards. "Take him to the infirmary and get him patched up. But keep him under guard. Is that clear?" Satisfied with their nods, Jaune exited the interrogation room to find Ciar's team. One, the fox faunus, had puffy red eyes from crying while the other stood stone faced although Jaune could see a twinkle of sorrow and hope behind the facade. Jaune smiled widely at them, happy that he finally had an answer to a question he'd asked for years. "Ciar? Get a Bullhead ready," Jaune said into his ear piece. "We're gonna find Ruby Rose" (Continued in Chapter 2. Thread closed)

9 Years Ago

(Waits)

9 Years Ago

(Patience Low: Please Recharge)

next Next Page
last Last Page