War Of The Grimm : Forum : Chapter 4: Grimm Truth

Re: Chapter 4: Grimm Truth

8 Years Ago

Eryn: I don't flinch as Norman freezes my feet to the floor, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I wasn't going to run, not any more. I could here the part of my mind that still cared screaming at me to move, but it was quickly drowned out in the white noise that had become my mind. The two women coming after me appeared in slow motion. Both semblances swirled inside me, allowing me to easily deflect both Ruby and Blakes attacks. At least most of them. A few here and there I couldn't deflect, those coming at the same moment, but they were only minor.

"Aww no fun, you're not even trying." I could hear Ruby whining "That other man was a much better toy."
A toy? A TOY?!
"You have some nerve talking about my friend like that." I say and slash away at the ice covering my shoes. I use the extreme speed of Summer's semblance in an attempt to knock the girl out. Instead, I find myself at the receiving end of a well timed kick to the gut. I shudder as the metal cell fragments littering the floor cut into my body.
"Such a pity, I thought things were going to get interesting." She said.

I pull myself up upon the weight of Jaune's sword. I could see tears falling onto the bloodstained floor. The man had lent me his weapon and I was still powerless to stop them. I couldn't help bet let the laughter escape my throat. The sound it made was deranged and strangled. It wouldn't stop, each moment growing into into a crazed cackle.
"Oh dear, it appears she's broken." I could hear ruby say. "And we can't have broken toys now can we?" The girl walked over me, casting strange shadows over my hunched body. I can hear the blade extend, ready to take me into darkness. To the place my dear mother was.

You promised me.

Our blades clashed, my hysterical outburst was over. As I glared into those glowing red eyes I promised once more to bring back the girl that was lost behind them.
A pain ruptures trough my chest, I had forgotten Blake was there and I paid dearly for the mistake. The last thing I saw before collapsing was Blake and Ruby walking away.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

8 Years Ago

As the red-haired girl collapsed, Ruby turned away disgusted. She had meant what she said; the look in that Ciar boy's eyes and the emotions he gave off as he was skewered on the end of Crescent Rose made her feel amazing. She'd have to find him after she was done, thank him for what he did (something that ruby did once in a blue moon). It helped that in the younger girl's opinion he'd given her a much better fight. The collapsed girl was lucky Ruby didn't lose her cool as well; seeing that all-to-familiar fire behind the Eryn girl's eyes had infuriated Ruby Rose. How DARE she try and use her own mother's semblance against her; she was very tempted to turn around a slice the woman to bits for that little stunt.
However, before Ruby could muse any more, a massive jolt of pain and nausea coursed through her brain like someone had set off a bomb inside her head. A million different images flashed through her head at once, images that were familiar yet foreign at the same time: four girls all laughing together, two of them being Ruby and Blake while the other two were naggingly familiar as well; the four girls fighting strange men in weird costumes together along with other strangely familiar faces, an equally familiar man in a bowler hat standing off to the side; a girl dressed in strange clothes with big green eyes, orange hair, and an annoyingly (to Ruby) friendly personality. These and a million others coursed through her brain, the pain and intensity of which nearly caused her to pass out. Whats more, the feelings given off by these thoughts left Ruby in immense pain; to her, it felt like her insides were burning up inside. Even the whispers that kept her company were screaming in agony. What was going on? What was happening to her? WHAT DID THE GIRL DO?!

Blake was taken by surprise when her sister doubled over and fell to the ground, an intense look of pain on her face. The faunus was deeply confused and, for the first time in a long while, scared about what was affecting Ruby. In all the time since Blake's enlightenment (thanks to Ruby), the girl had only ever seen the younger one hurt this severely when their master had been displeased. 
"Sister, whats going on? What is wrong with you?" Blake asked worriedly, trying to tend to the other girl on the ground. Her answer came in the form of Ruby's straight red eyes snapping open, the girl letting off a hellish snarl, and her beginning to stalk towards the other girl that was apparently named Eryn. The whispers themselves were screaming at her to leave, to go with Norman (who was watching the scene with an equally confused look on his face) and leave her sister to whatever business she needed to do. However, she couldn't help but stay and watch, an intense desire to watch Ruby slaughter the girl on the ground and listen to the latter's desperate screams taking hold of the faunus. Just as the younger one reached the the collapsed form and raise her scythe to strike, the roof exploded inwardly. The debris nearly feel on the two girls were it not for the fact that the young scythe-wielder was thrown back.
"Oi, bad girl! Its not very sportsman-like to try and kill an opponent while they're down"  

The combination of the pain and rage Ruby felt drove the young girl forward, ready to strike and finish off the nuisance in front of her once and for all; the girl that dared to try and claim her mother, the one who killed her. She was even more pissed that she didn't get the chance thanks to this random stranger that had decided to interrupt her impending fun. Ruby looked over the new comer and found his appearance annoying. He seemed to be wearing jeans, combat boots like Ruby herself wore, a bomber jacket, and shades; he was also chewing on what Ruby assumed to be gum. 
"Who are you? I only want one toy right now" Ruby snarled, not even bothering to try and compose herself; this stranger wasn't worthy enough to warrant the girl's full power.  
"The names Altan Callaina, Alt to my friends" the man said, a smile on his face. However, the smile quickly disappeared.
"The thing is, Miss Ruby Rose, you're not my friend" The newcomer casually bent down and nudged Eryn, presumably trying to wake her up.
"Hey, you awake there, little lady? Could use some assistance soon"  Although the girl showed signs of stirring, Altan just shrugged and pushed himself up. He withdrew his weapon from his belt, what seemed to be a hook sword.
"Ya know, Ruby, I knew Summer quite well. Would call us friends even. She talked about you a lot, you know," Altan said, his statement eliciting a angry snarl from Ruby; Altan simply smiled devilishly. "I know she'd be deeply disappointed in what you are now. Is that what you want, for your beloved mother to be disappointed in you?" 
"Shutupshutupshutup" Ruby kept mumbling under her breath, her eyes glued to the ground and her eyes flickering between pure red and dead silver. He was lying, wasn't he? Yes, of course he was. There was no way Summer would be so disappointed in her own daughter. It was impossible. 
"In fact, I might go so far as to say that she'd be more proud of Eryn here than you" Altan said, deeply satisfied when he saw Ruby stop trembling and start violently shaking. Ruby didn't believe him, couldn't believe him. She was Summer's daughter, not that weak pile of filth behind Altan. Die, they all had to die. Eryn, this stranger, all those goddmaned hunters. Everyone had to die. Everyone. EVERYONE.
"SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!" Ruby screamed, charging at the man. Altan noticed the girl's eyes flutter open for a brief moment, giving him a chance to signal her to stay down.
"Lets get this party started than, shall we?" the man said before moving to meet the infuriated Grimm Ruby. 

8 Years Ago

As Norman began watching the science curiously the whispers began issuing new orders. Evacuate Blake and assist Ruby. Once ruby was clear he was to stay behind and gather Intel. He nodded and turned his staff back into a massive rifle. Which he fired at this new man who made a convenient hole in the ceiling. Norman was down to two bullets. Electrical and napalm. Neither of which he want ed to use while ruby was in the crossfire. " Blake we need to Move!" He said grabbing her and a rifle from a dead guard and began firing at the new man who easily dodged. After dragging Blake to the opening he let out a whistle and a Never more swooped down and grabbed the both of them before flying off. From his vantage point I'm the sky he shot into the hole with his Napalm round. As soon as that bullet made contact in the hall it exploded and quickly engulfed the hall in flames. He then jumped from the Nevermore's claws and shifted into his half Grimm form, which was if you didn't guess by now was a Nevermore. He glided into a tree line and watched the situation from afar. Thanks to his new form he knew the location of everyone on the base even if he couldn't see them. So with a bit of time on his hands he reloaded explosive, napalm, and freezing rounds. With a normal one in the mix just in case.

8 Years Ago

Eryn: I feel a boot nudge me, though I was in too much pain to move, I could see a strange man standing face to face with Ruby. The woman's eyes were more startling than ever. The pure loathing in them would have held me if the pain hadn't.
"YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY MOTHER!" Ruby screamed in a voice that could curdle blood. A dark aura was emanating from her body, slowly enveloping the room.
"I WILL DESTROY BOTH OF YOU! THEN SHE'LL LOVE ME ONLY!"
I cringe as she charges the man at blinding speed, yet the man deftly dodges her swinging scythe. I press my hands against the ground to push myself up, but the pain is too much and I collapse again. Almost certainly I had internal bleeding, but I wasn't dead yet. I notice the man glance my way; as does Ruby. She takes the chance to rush him, knocking him away from me. In a flash she is above me Grimm Rose poised to kill.
"ONLY ME!" She screamed and brought the blade down.

*CRACK*

The blade falls to the side of me.
"WHAT NOW? WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE WAY!" Ruby screams in frustration and grips her head. She backs away slightly.
In front of me I see a red shell. Smoking.
"RUBY?! What are you doing? Why are you trying to kill your friends?" A familiar voice asks. A scream of pain is Ruby's only reply.
"GET AWAY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!"
I watch a pair of brown boots fill my vision, pushing Ruby farther away.
"Ruby please. Come back to me, your sister." I could hear the pain in the woman's voice.
Ruby's dark aura continues to grow, completely blocking out the painfully blue sky; turning it dark red. She stops trembling, but her eyes are unnerving. Wide open and blood red her body twitches like a marionette. A bolt of red lightning streams towards us catching the boots by surprise.
"YOU ARE NOT MY SISTER. YOU TRIED TO KILL MY SISTER, NOW ILL KILL YOU!"

"Watch out Blondie!" I hear the man call out and a bright blue blast shoots overhead, hitting Ruby square in the chest, sending her flying. Several dozen feet away the Grimm girl lay unconscious.
"Nice shot." I hear the boots say from somewhere a little ways off.
"No time to celebrate, we need to get her before..."
In an instant a black form comes and takes my dark sister away, and for a moment I think it looks like Norman.
"S**t!" I hear the man say and run over to the spot where Ruby lay only a moment before.
I try again to move, but the pain is too much yet again. My moaning grabs the mans attention.
"Right, we better get this one to the medical wing." the man says as he walks over and crouches beside me. "You mind carrying her? I think I messed up my arm in the fight."
The boots sigh.
"I'll find you again sis." She says and I feel myself being picked up. The pain makes me pass out again, leaving me with nothing but the image of golden hair.

8 Years Ago

Once Norman returned to the tree line with Ruby's body he let out a screech and a never more picked her up as well, then all the Grimm began to fall back from the ruined base leaving only Norman, now in a human appearance, sitting in a tree several hundred yards away from the base to keep an eye on them. Parts of the base was still on fire or froze solid thanks to his sniper rounds now all that was left was to watch and wait for orders.
Red

8 Years Ago

"Well, this seems like a massive c**k-up, now doesn't it?" Altan and Yang had managed to carry an unconscious Eryn back to the infirmary, now flooded with wounded hunters and huntresses. Everyone tried to ignore the rows of raised sheets sitting on one side of the room. Altan was having his arm treated by a medic while Yang looked on, although it was clear to the man that she wasn't entirely focused.
"Yang. Yang!," Altan said, getting the blonde woman's attention and snapping her out of her thousand-yard stare. "We'll get Ruby, alright? Jaune is working on a plan and I'll be here to help" Altan told her, trying to comfort the blond. He knew how close the two sisters were, and Yang's near endless search for Ruby when the younger girl had gone missing. Seeing her sister like she was had definitely affected her.
"Where is Jaune? I haven't seen him since we got here" she asked. Altan simply chuckled to himself as the nurse finished up his treatment. 
"He was on his way to join us but got caught by a bunch of Grimm. If I didn't know any better I'd say that it wasn't an accident. I think hes back in his office right now, going over footage of our fight that got caught on one of the security cameras. Hopefully he comes up with something" the man said, pushing himself up off the bed and moving over to check on the unconscious redhead. He'd learned by now to trust his gut, and his gut was telling him that this girl Eryn would play quite an important role sometime soon.
"Altans right. I think I know what happened back there" Both Yang and Altan turned to find Jaune standing in the doorway, a Scroll in one hand and a file folder in the other. He walked into the room and set the folder down in front of Altan, who picked it up and began flipping through it. His eyes widen as he continued to read before looking up at a smirking Jaune.
"That explains SO much"
"Mind telling me whats going on, exactly?" Yang said, trying to take the folder away from Altan, who simply kept dodging her grabs.
"We all know that Grimm feed off negative emotions but from my research, humans affected by the Grimmdark virus aren't affected the same way. I believe that Ruby saw her mother in Eryn's mind and, combined with seeing Summer's semblance and knowing of Eryn's past with Summer, Ruby's already fragile psyche snapped and thats why she went crazy. I also think that somewhere in there, the Ruby we know is still there dormant, although because of the advanced stage of Ruby's infection, its likely that our Ruby is still buried deep inside. After this event however, it is likely that Ruby will only become more dangerous as her psyche tries to keep itself together and fight for control between Ruby's two halves," Jaune said. His face became grim and he bowed his head. "Eventually, I'm afraid, it will get to the point that Ruby's mind will completely shatter from the stress and the weight of what shes done. At that point, she'll go mad and most likely turn 'feral' in a sense" Altan stood there in silence, contemplating what Jaune had said. Yang looked horrified and on the verge of tears. She couldn't believe this. Her sister, her beautiful little sister, was still alive but the her mental fight between her and her Grimm version would eventually destroy her mind.
"I'm sorry, I need a moment" Yang said, leaving the room and trying to hold back her tears. Jaune and Altan simply nodded, both knowing how close she was to Ruby. 
"What about Eryn? It seemed that Ruby snapped only after she fought with her" Altan said, looking back over at the bed-ridden girl. Jaune followed Altan's gaze and nodded.
"I've watched the footage and saw what Eryn did. Seeing her use Summer's semblance and her's at the same time was quite a shock. I've had people monitoring her aura levels and, frankly, they're through the roof. Whatever happened at Summer's grave did something but I have no idea what. We'll continue to monitor her for the time being but..." Before Jaune could continue, his Scroll began beeping wildly.
"The hells that about?" Altan asked, surprised and bewildered at the sudden noise.
"Its Eryn. These alerts have been happening periodically. I believe that somethings going on in Eryn's mind, although I don't know what. I do have a feeling it has something to do with Eryn and Ruby however" Jaune watched as Eryn began tossing and turning, mumbling something in her unconscious sleep.
Eryn, what is going on in that head of yours?

8 Years Ago

Norman hummed to himself as he watched the base prepare. It would be great if he could infiltrate and gather some information, but he felt that at this point it would be too risky. To better maintain control on his new power with this corruption he began shifting in and out of Grimm state. Each time he shifted the voices began more powerful and they commanded one thing, Stay on task. Gather information on the enemy and report back. As the white bony mask appeared over Normans face and his body began to change into a more Avian variety he began to sense the locations of all personal and the alarm blaring again. It was the 4th time this night. What in the world was going on? He must find out, and so he jumped from the tree he perched on and glided to the roof of the base silently. He crept into the ventilation shafts once more. This was becoming a regular thing for him. Maybe he should change that....

8 Years Ago

Eryn:
* I wake upon a hill overlooking the forest
, red with autumn leaves. In the distance I can make out the faint line of the ocean.

"Calming isn't it?" A cool voice says behind me. I turn around to find two women sitting upon a blanket. One wore a cloak of white, the other a cloak of red like the forest.
"Have I met you before?" I ask, for they seemed familiar, and yet I could not name them.
"Yes," the woman in white replies, "A time ago we met."
The woman beside her simply nodded.
"Won't you join us for a while?" I was asked and I nodded sitting down to their picnic lunch. As we sat to eat the girl in red started to hum a familiar tune, the one about four great warriors, red, white, black, and gold. It was beautiful and haunting.
I stared intently at the girl, though she did not frown, she seemed downcast.
"May I ask what's wrong?" I say to her and she looks at me with her silver eyes. It feels as though they are piercing through me gazing into my soul. The girl opens her mouth to speak.

"Kill, no wait, friends, enemies, obey, destroy, please no, do it, sto..." The sound of many voices passes by her lips, all speaking so quickly I can barely make out the words.
I cringe at the sound, so confusing. The woman in white reaches towards her daughter; yes that's right, her daughter, I remember. Her reach wont make it, for as she reaches, the girl gets farther away. I can see her pleading eyes asking for someone to help her. I start to run at the girl in red, but I needn't have worrried for she came closer to me.
She looked me in the eyes, and her lips formed the words.

Lost, No light, Keep a light, Darkness has come.

With that the Ruby I had met once before in the forest leaves, and the world becomes dark. Above me storm clouds roll, blocking out the light.*

I awaken to a dark room, drenched in sweat. I cough from the sudden movement, hurting my ribs. Clearly a couple were shattered. I reach around the space and my hand rests on a lamp. I pull the cord to activate it, but no such luck. A light shines into the room illuminating my fallen comrade on the bed beside me.
"Hey, you're awake!" I hear the cowboy say. "Some one knocked the lights out. Two guesses who."
I glance around the med bay, deserted except for myself Ciar and the cowboy.
Keep a light
I pull myself to my feet an walk over to the man who helped me earlier. Grasping at his arm.
"We have to move quickly." I say. "They're coming."

8 Years Ago

Norman's four red eyes watched Eryn and Ciar, along with some cowboy? The two men were watching Eryn as she recovered and he watched then from the ventilation shaft above the room. He knew back up was coming to destroy the base. It was his job to provide intelligence and location of high value targets. So he was not going to let those three out of his sight.
Red

8 Years Ago

(Ciars still comatose :P 
Hole in his chest, missing arm, all the fun stuff. Jaune would be a better choice XD)

8 Years Ago

( Then Insert Him in)

next Next Page
last Last Page
Free author website
Try us! FREE..Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting.