Writer's Cafe Mentorship (WCM) : Forum : Welcome

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi -- I'm Genie.

I've been a member of the Cafe since July 2007 -- 6 short (plus a little) but fulfilling months.  I'm 54 and I've been writing since I was 6 years old.  One of the things I love about this site is how it stretches me; the positive feedback is grand, but I really appreciate it when people send me something new-to-me to read or critique.

If you read my bio, you'll see I have a BA in holistic studies and an MA in writing and creative studies.  Except for computer and mathematical writing, I CAN write almost anything.  I prefer to write poetry (haiku is a favorite), fiction, creative non-fiction, essays, personal reflections, and theological pieces.  Academic papers and dissertations are something I enjoy as well, tho I only do them when I have to!

More in the 'strengths and weaknesses' thread ...

Re: Welcome

13 Years Ago

Hello, I'm Emma and I'm studying Physics and desperately trying to carve out time for other things.  

I've been writing on and off for the last three years, ever since a friend talked me into doing National Novel Writing Month, and I'm trying to get to the point where it's more "on" than "off".  My current goal is to write at least one short story per week, and this is the first week I've slipped in about a month.  Eventually, when I get my discipline back, I intend to go back to writing novels (I've only finished about two, so I need a lot more discipline).

Re: Welcome

13 Years Ago

My name is Stephanie and I've been writing since I was in 4th grade and I'm now in my second year of college. I'm a elementary education major so my current dream is to teach little ones, but I'd really love to get my degree in reading and work with kids who have difficulties enjoying the written word. I didn't start out as a great reader and it wasn't until 3rd grade that I became what is referred to as a bookworm (thank you Mary-Kate and Ashley, your books got me started). I have "finished" a novel and am now in the process of revising and adding more juice to it. I've been a member of this site for three years now and I think this group is a fabulous idea! I'm always learning myself, but I'd love to help out other writers in whatever way I can. :)

next Next Page
last Last Page