Writers Asylum : Forum : killing writers block, a new t..

killing writers block, a new technique

17 Years Ago

Well for the last 3 weeks or so I have not written anything, except random made up stories in people's comment boxes, or inspired from there pictures. So it came to me today, a new writing technique. writing a story from a picture.

It only makes sense that as writers we strive to create within our readers a mind an image of what exactly is happening in the story. So why not start with an image and create a story. Now this probably isnt original, but i still would like to list this as a writing technique. it is certainly one that has slowly gotten me out of a long span of not writing.

So what I would suggest is to find some of the most random pics you can. Go online, search around myspace, and any other site that has pictures. pick one you like and make up something. I am not asking for a novel , a short paragraph would be a great start. Hell who knows, maybe it will turn into a short story. I think the key to writing is staying motivated. I know that i get burnt out on writing, especially when all I do is sit there, going no where on a story. SO I think these little side works of no special importance are very healthy to the process of writing. Of course that is my opinion, and I have only had a bout 4 hours of sleep today.

So any way this is the start of many writing techniques that i hope to come up with , or to have your the residents of the asylum post.

I think i may even make a contest out of this. now that I have new found buttons.

Well tell me what you guys think.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Oh wonderful idea, Savage ::happy:: I knew there was someone out there like myself with having a story come from something simple lol