Writers Gone Wild : Forum : Introductions, please!

Introductions, please!

16 Years Ago

Since I'm the founder, I'll go first, but I would like everyone to post an intro here, please!

I live in a rural area with my family, including my three little "angels." I write mostly dark fantasy and horror. I've got several short stories and flash fictions finished, and one first draft to a novel. I have 4 works published in some small press mags (including my short story "Dark Pen," in The Open Vein, which everyone should know is Justin's baby!). Oh, and I'm 28 years old. I love writing, reading, playing with my kids, hard rock music, all the usual things.

You guys don't have to tell everything I did, just let us know a few things about yourselves. You can tell us more or less, it's all according to what you feel comfortable with! So, come on, people! Step up!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm David. Some of you have seen me around the horror groups in in the group I moderate. I've just recently started writing stories after years and years of writing poetry. I love writing stories, there's so much more you can do with them that you couldn't in poems. I love horror and supernatural fiction, but have also taken a stab at mystery and thriller. I just recently wrote a story called "The Dying Season" which I posted here at the Cafe, but have decided, after getting quite a bit of great advice from other members of the website, to try and flesh it out and decided to turn it into my first novella. I still have the story up on the site, but it will be taken down in the next week so that I can start working on it again. I'm super glad to be a part of this group as I'd love to try and get published even if it's just once to prove to myself that I can do something creative in life!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey I'm Justin. As Kelli mentioned, I'm the editor of the PDF horror zine, The Open Vein ( or I'm 26 years old and live in Tolleson AZ (suburb of Phoenix), I write horror and black comedy/satire. I'm not the most prolific writer in the world, but I have a good handful of short stories I'm proud of, and I'm working on a couple of novellas right now. One of my main goals as a writer is to finish a longer work before I die; writing novellas/novels is one of the most challenging things in the world for me. For about 7 years I didn't do anything with my writing, but in the past two years, I've written 6 or so short stories and about 15,000 words on various other unfinished pieces, so I'm on a pretty good pace.

Besides writing, I'm also the guitarist/songwriter for heavy metal band, Fall of Empyrean ( or I write for AZ-based horror site, I Can Smell Your Brains Dot Com ( and I'm also working on starting up a networking/promotion site for truly independent horror films and their creators called HorrorCraft (will be

I'm getting married this October and I live in a house with my fiance and our two miniature dachshunds, Slinky and Rojo.

Whew! I think that'll do ...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm Bob Carney and I wrote like a madman from about 15 to 26. After going into the restaurant biz, as a manager I lost time for writing, but never my love for creating stories. I just got back into it about five years ago when I got divorced and haven't paused. I usually do horror, but I've been known to branch into all genres except romance (ugh). I have one novel self published, "Sempiturnus" which is available at Authorhouse.com, but I've since rewritten parts and hope to resubmit to a regular publishing house. There are two follow up novels for that done and ready to go while I'm piecing together two more horror novels. Most of my focus has been on short stories lately and I've found the Cafe has been good to me in terms of advice I get. It's made me much better at writing.
I've recently completed "Rage of Angels", a novella I want to expand a bit and I'm pretty proud of even though it isn't exactly a horror novel. I'm currently embroiled in "Turning Tables" a spy novella and having a lot of fun with it.
If you send a read request, I'm happy to comply and I'll give criticism, not just a pat on the back. I've found that's made me more aware as a writer as well. Okay, I'm done.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I must say there are very few tasks I dread more than writing about myself...

I have done a lot of different kinds of jobs in my life, constuction, manufacturing, free-lance illustrator, web design, publishing, been a janitor, a cook, hell, you name it, I have probably had my hand in it at some time or other. I have lived in a lot of different places and until about the last ten years I was never in one place for very long...

My hobbies (wow -- is that formulaic or what) are art, playing music and singing, reading and now writing... I have written songs and poetry all my life but I wrote my first short within the last year... I have one story that is going to be published about a year from now and I have to say it was really a struggle to get the grammar right (thanks Kelli).

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hello, I'm Shanna. I live in the 3rd largest city in Oklahoma, which ain't saying much. I'm a writer and a newbie at that. I never really thought of myself as a writer until recently. I was just a story-teller. When I was a young kid, about 2 or 3, I used to tell stories and I've never stopped doing that. I kind of monopolize conversations and usually people don't mind. They seem to like them.

But I like writing too, I just never considered a career in it until a year or so ago. I started writing a little bit--I had a major case of writer's block for the longest time--and about 6 months ago it broke and I started writing all the time.

I've been published in 13 Human Souls, a story called "Proper Training", and I will soon have a piece appearing in Justin's The Open Vein, called "A Taste of Chocolate". I'm working on getting other works published and finishing up some longer works of mine. I have 1 novella halfway through (you never know, it might become a novel) and 3 novels I'm working on. 2 are in the beginning chapters, another is the middle.

I like working on a lot of different pieces at the same time and I stretch myself thin sometimes, but it's a lot of fun. I write horror, fantasy, sci-fi (another novel that's been put on the back burner til I do some more reading/research into sci-fi, I'm just not that big a sci-fi fan to do it justice yet), comedy, satire, a lot of different things. Depends on the mood I'm in.

So that's it, that's me. Oh, and I'm long winded. My only real regret is I still have a large lesson to learn in brevity. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My name is Rich and I live in Grand Rapids. I've been writing and dreaming of being a writer since a spring break trip when I was 14. I wish that I could find that first thing I wrote that started all of this but I can't. I have not been published, not that I don't think I could be but because I'm not sure how to go after it. I've submitted a couple of things in the last month, but most of my life, i've actually been discouraged by those around me for going after this dream I love so much. I recently started dating my girlfriend and she immeadiately questioned my lack of ambition to pursue this more seriously. I have started really writing again and plan to do so until I can't anymore.