Writers Of Teen Books : Forum : Welcome Everyone

Welcome Everyone

14 Years Ago

Hey! My name is Tracie and I created this group. I am 39 years old and write novels for teens. I'm a stay-at-home mom with 2 kids. I've been writing forever and really couldn't tell ya how I picked the teen genre. I think it started out when I was in my early 20's and began writing my first novel. It was when Beverly Hills 90210 started and I was feeling a little homesick for high school. I didn't really like high school so I began to write to kinda recreate my high school career. It took me about 10 years to completely write and publish my first book. I'm now working on my next novel and I'm desperately hoping that won't take another 10 years!! I have a little more time than I did before. 

Well, there's my story. What's yours? 

PS - Thanks for joining the group!!

Re: Welcome Everyone

14 Years Ago

Because I am a teen I automatically write in that sort of genre. :)

12 Years Ago

well first i would like to say hello, i am 23 and a stay at home mom of two little girls. i love reading books and one night when i was reading i started dosing of and this dream i had seemed so real and i thought it would make a good book so i started writing it and thats when i thought about trying to get it published. the more i write the more excited i get about it and the more i worry no one will like it but me. someone told me about this website so thought i would check it out and the i saw your goup so i just had to check it out. i am new to this but i think i am going to like this.

12 Years Ago

Hello, I recently became a member of the Cafe and decided to join this group.  I see you originally created this over a year ago, so hopefully I'm not replying to an empty group ;)  Mom- check.  Full time employee-check.  no time to write, but make time anyway-check.  That pretty much sums it up for me.  I write when everyone else goes to bed, when I can steal any minute to myself, and work out plot ideas and possible revisions on my 45 minute drive to work every morning.  I am addicted to any story that pulls me in from the get go-  I prefer young adult and I am partial to first person narrative, so if you have stories that blend this together, let me know and I would be happy to take a look.  Happy writing!

12 Years Ago

Hi, I just joined and I'm really excited about my book. It is YA from a first person point of view so if you can check out my profile and critically view on it, I would be grateful:)