Writers Plus+ : Forum : Just Before Saying Hello...by ..

[reply] [quote]

Just Before Saying Hello...by Michael

9 Years Ago

My best friend Patti had to move back to Michigan to be with her family. She had live lived here for a year and we became very close. It was a Monday morning when she left my home after we had both had breakfast together. Her granddaughter had found an apartment for her to move into. Patti was supposed to arrive by Wednesday, but didn't. Thursday came and I got a phone call from her twenty five year old granddaughter. "Grandma isn't here yet and she hasn't called me. Did she call you"? I told her no and we both became extremely worried and concerned. Andromeda who was the granddaughter told me she would her grandma's sister to see if she had heard from her. No luck on that phone call. My intentions were to call back the granddaughter in about two hours and give her some advice. I would tell her that if no contact was made that evening, then she file a missing persons report with her local police precinct. I dialed Andromeda's number. "Hello, it's Michael. Any contact yet"? "Yes, she called about ten minutes just before you did. There was major construction on the highway she was on so a new route had to be to taken in which got lost. Grandma should be here by about 8 PM tonight. I'll have her call you". We both were relieved at this good news as I said goodnight to Andromeda. Two extra beers were consumed by me in celebration of Patti's return. I kept looking at the clock until it hit 8 PM. The phone rang and I cried with tears of joy, just before saying hello....Maybe a trip is made with crazy unexpected circumstances. Contact is finally made where the worries are taken away for all involved in a short sweet love story, just before saying hello.....