Writers Plus+ : Forum : With A Box Of Crayons..by Mich..

[reply] [quote]

With A Box Of Crayons..by Michael

9 Years Ago

While Brenda was shopping, she noticed a box of crayons on the shelf. It reminded her of what she loved to do when she was a young child. An unexpected item in a store which was put in her shopping cart for reasons unknown. She unpacked the cart and placed the items in the trunk of her car. So did the man in the parking space next to her. They happened to look at each other when the box of crayons was in their hands. That was when Brenda and Benny met and introduced each other. In their short conversation a favorite thing came up about their childhood memories. A date was made for the following Saturday evening as the mutual attraction demanded it. He was invited over to her place for dinner and the evening went just very well together. "Ill be right back, I forgot to bring in something for you I left in the backseat of my car", he said to her. Benny came back with a coloring book as she laughed and smiled at the same time. They shaded in a few pages together as a childhood memory was fulfilled. The soon serious relationship developed into a proposal of marriage by Benny and she accepted. Ten years later they went shopping with their daughter. The little girl picked out a box of crayons......Maybe an unexpected item brings two people together, and finally three with their daughter. Case in point in a short love story about Brenda and Benny, where we all eventually color in our lives with a box of crayons.....