Writers Plus+ : Forum : Welcome

[reply] [quote]

Welcome

17 Years Ago

We can use image tags to display our visual work from sites where we store images, such as Photobucket, Flicker, MySpace, WritersCafe (accessing our own uploaded images that accompany our writings--right click your mouse to get your image's properties), etc.

I assume that there are other html capabilities available to those whose use code--see code option above message posting (gray buttons in the create/edit mode).

If you need help, I will assist.

PS. Use your WC Blog to present various forms of Art (multimedia).

Enjoy!
CaRoL ::smile::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi Carol,
Ok then, any chance you could walk me through this process?
I'd love to post some of my photographs on here but honestly I don't know where to start.

Thanks,

Kasia.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ok, so it seems to work in the forum but can we post photos outside of the forum in the main group area?

Kasia.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thanks very much for the invite hon.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi there,

been invited here, too. :-) So thanks and hello all around. I haven't got much pictures up on my profile, but if anyone is interested, he find lots here ...

Besides that I'm into writing audiodramas and comedy, sadly not for living ;-)

So hey and hallo and see you around...

Falk
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Kasia
Ok, so it seems to work in the forum but can we post photos outside of the forum in the main group area?

Kasia.

I will think more about this, but for now:

1. I can feature (the writer and) art that is included in the Bio section of profiles.
2. I can choose the New Work option that would allow group members to post their written work in the main section on the left side; then we could post the ones that have our original art accompanying them.
3. One could post art as a "poem" or "story" (the way that I did with one of my poems--in jpg's because the formatting was much more complicated in html), and then include it in the main section as New Work (see 2. above)--but offhand, I do not think that would be a good idea because (a) "poem" or "story" would not be the "right" way to classify visual art here, (b) these functions are not intended to be used in such a manner (might also affect bandwidth), (c) the art posts would show up on profiles as new work alongside writing, with no differentiation or option to suppress. Perhaps another post type could be added, such as "Other" sometime in the future, for posts which do not fit the current categorizations.

Any other ideas here? If anyone likes options 1 and 2, please say "Aye." : )
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I for one say 'aye' to numbers one and two... and would like to thank you for featuring me, it truly is an honor.
Also I tried something new today; I posted a series of photographs as a story. Each photo inspired a caption that eventually became a complete poem.
This seemed to work very well for me.
Have a quick look and see if you like it.

Cheers everyone!

Kasia.

Quote:
The way to 'get there' is to 'be there'. Just BE where you choose to GET.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I would very much like to post my paintings here but how to go about it I do not know. The idea is to post pictures and invite writers to write a few line on what they see in a ppainting. I tried pasting but it did not work. Can you show the way please ...in simple terms.
Thanks. ::biggrin::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !
We can use image tags to display our visual work from sites where we store images, such as Photobucket, Flicker, MySpace, WritersCafe (accessing our own uploaded images that accompany our writings--right click your mouse to get your image's properties), etc.

I assume that there are other html capabilities available to those whose use code--see code option above message posting (gray buttons in the create/edit mode).

If you need help, I will assist.

PS. Use your WC Blog to present various forms of Art (multimedia).

Enjoy!
CaRoL ::smile::