Writers Plus+ : Forum : Seeking fellow screenwriters -..

[reply] [quote]

Seeking fellow screenwriters -- need some help

17 Years Ago

Hey Everyone--

I have five screenplays that need a little help from an objective writer, which, when it comes to these I no longer am. Seeing as I�m presently stuck on disability benefits, which basically means I have about ten bucks to my name at the moment, these will either have to be done on spec, or deferred. Doesn�t matter to me which. I�ll be happy to write up a contract to defer the money should you wish it. That would be condition one. Condition two: I�d rather not see script notes, or coverage. I�m simply looking for someone or five someones, or anywhere in between, to help get these things completed so we can go shoot them. Condition three: whomever wishes to take these on must have the time to devote to it, in order to get the rewrite completed before Election Day. Obviously, if I only hear from one writer, getting one done by then will be fine and we�ll go from there. It would also help if that writer has done some line producing or directing in the last couple of years. This is so we can rewrite in a way that does the story justice, but keeps the shooting time and budget as low as is reasonable for the individual scripts. That is not mandatory, however. Esp. interested in female writers for a couple of these.

A few details on each:

�CATHARSIS� -- this is actually two scripts that need to be combined � one is a short, the other a feature. Basically, it�s one man�s journey out of the darkness of his perceived mistakes, which cause an addiction problem, into the light of sanity and peace. Drama.

�WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS...� -- Drama revolving around issues of abuse, addiction, incest, and the adult entertainment industry.

�SUSPICIOUSNESS� -- a �murder mystery�, allegedly based on true events surrounding the death of the daughter of a well-known tv and film producer.

�MISTAKEN IDENTITY� -- a murder mystery set in New Orleans --

Again, I�m looking for people who currently have some time to take these on. I honestly don�t believe they�ll take you all that long to do. If you�re interested, let me know if you�ve also line produced, because if you rewrite it, you�ll also get the opportunity to do the breakdown, stripboard and budget. As writers, I�m willing to give you the leeway to do whatever you believe needs to be done to make these good scripts really great. People have told me I�ve got some really interesting, compelling characters. Now, if someone can help to make the events in these people�s lives more compelling than they already are, that would make my day.

No time for notes or coverage, just the rewrites would be appreciated.

Contact me privately and we�ll take things from there. Thank you.

Bill Wierzbinski