Writers Who Want to Help! : Forum : Introductions

[reply] [quote]

Introductions

13 Years Ago

Introductions are a the best way to start knowing each other. Just something simple: what you write, what you like to read and any other personal fact you want to add. I'll start off. As you can see I'm Dante Yurei. I know I'm not a good writer, but I truly love writing and squeezing my brain for ideas. I write mostly horror and poems. I like to read horror, but I'm open to read any genre; what I like most are stories with unexpected twists!
[reply] [quote]

Re: Introductions

13 Years Ago

This was a great idea!!! I'm Scarlet Pulse. You can just call me Scarlet. I love to write poetry. I write poetry based on things I hear, see, what I feel, expressions, dreams, pictures, pretty much anything and everything from whta makes sense to what doesn't. I don't think I  I have broadened my reading interests on the website to short stories and books as well. Horror should be interesting, I haven't checked that out yet. I'm really like the whole vampire theme. (I don't think that is considered horror though). Not Twilight really. More TRUE BLOOD and VAMPIRE DIARIES. Haha.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Hello everyone I am Kyle. (My online name is Zdroyd, pronounced "Ze-Droid")
I am a young writer/artist/game designer, who is moving to Michigan Tech this fall to begin my degree in Software Engineering.
I love to write short stories. I tend to write Fiction, Fantasy, and Science Fiction, but I have also ventured into other topics.

I joined this group because; I noticed it was small, so people could be more friendly, and I wanted a way to start getting my stories noticed.

Hmmm... well I can not think of much more to write... I am going to go read some the other group members writings.

-Kyle
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Hi I'm Kirstin, I use no pen names. My prefrance is writing poems and song lyrics but I am working on a book. I love to write (obviously) but most of my poems are depressing as I use writing as a way to vent out bad thoughts/feelings etc. I'm generally open to reading anything (other than screenplays and erotica stuff as I am only 15). I love martial arts, expecially Shoto Kan Karate ^.^ My music choice is very strange and I'll five almost anything a go other than r&b, dance music, and s**t remixes (I hate them, they take all the emotion and meaning out of the songs). I am generally a nice person untill someone peevs me off.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Hello everyone! I just joined this website/group today. This group seems like a great place to start since it is small and if we can communicate properly it will hopefully result in all of us growing as writers. I am 22 and just started writing. Therefore I realize what I write is probably very rudimentary and unpolished. I tried writing poetry for awhile but found it difficult to communicate through that medium. Anything that involves creativity interests/excites me. I would love any sort of feedback on my writing. If anyone wants me to review something of theirs just shoot me a message and I will do so as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing for you guys.

-Jack
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Gracious what to write here? I ain't much for talking about myself so let's see... I'm a 26 year old mother of 7: five beautiful babies here with me and two angels in Heaven. I joined the Marines right after high school which is how I met my husband (funny story for another time), who's a career Infantryman and we just recently switched from the Corps to the Army because of the way the Corps has been treating it's Infantry lately. I write books, mostly about the insider's view of the Marine Corps. Situations and events that people on the outside only know a little bit about. Oh yeah, and I'm an insomniac and I think chocolate should be it's own food group! LOL Ok well I hope to get to know all ya'll soon!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Hello all,   Well, my name is Alex (shortened from Alexander) I'm 19, I was born and live in Derby, England. I'm a sports journalist trainee though I have also done some mainstream journalism and some video games journalism.   I have a love for lager, football, kickboxing and motorbikes. I am heavily involved in all 4 of those things, the motorbikes one less so, but as soon as I can afford it I will have my own :-)   I have a love for danger, my dream job would have been to be a gladiator in Roman times. I am reckless, fiercely loyal and a little bit messed up. I write comedy and the odd serious piece, all I usually want is to make people laugh.   I didn't join this group to get reviews, I joined it as if anyone needs help I will try to goive it if I think I can. That's pretty much it, feel free to add me or message me if you want to :-)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I'm Nik, I'm 25 and I'm from England. I've got two kids, both boys. Love those little guys more than anything.
I'm an OU student studying Medieval art history. I'm also in the process of learning Old English-just for fun, really. Should say here I am a massive history geek. Serious history, too. None of this casual interest; I'm saving up to go on a cathedral trawl across Britain. I almost gave my boys Anglo-Saxon names.  
I'm a movie geek, music fan and have a thing for Cadbury's creme eggs. They are unnaturally yummy. I'm also a huge cynic. I can't help it, it's just me.
My favourite thing to do on a rainy afternoon is go visit a museum, grab a coffee and go for a wander across London (that's where I live) I like to find those cool little shops that sell nicknacks and bits and bobs. I collect 'things'. ('Things' are anything I find interesting, really. Like Russian Dolls or wicker figures shaped like llamas)  
Writing is something I've always done, wouldn't really call it a passion, it's just something I do. I usually write pop culture fiction-I'm a drifter in terms of social groups, so I like to explore them through writing. I guess that's what writing is for me, really. A tool of exploration into psychology and human behaviour.