WritersCafe Community : Forum : Your Real Peers

[reply] [quote]

Your Real Peers

3 Years Ago

My guess is that most writers need to be alone to do their best writing, so it's also my guess that most writers haven't been overly stressed by the "social distancing" requirements of the Corona virus--at least when they're writing. But we also need to socialize with other people--face to face and vicariously, like this and other forums. And if you're anything like me, you need to get outdoors every now and then. For me, it's hiking and cycling. In that context, I'd like to "socialize" with this group by sharing a few quotes I've gathered over the years.

"It takes strength to live in civilization, for community, with all its slings and arrows, is mankind's true Darwinina test. The weak and troubled cleave to the shelter of the firnges, skid rows, shuttered apratments and nooks and crannies of the wilderness." - Shawn Hubler (LA Times)

"If you hang out with people who do not share your passion, your dreams, your values, your real peers cannot find you." -- I-Ching

"The time to be connected is now. It's always now, so it's always time." - Don Hammond
[reply] [quote]

Re: Your Real Peers

3 Years Ago

Good words! In most cases, sharing with others your writing, can be quite helpful. And, with this social distancing, it helps greatly to get out and walk, bicycle--anything to get out and get some fresh air.