Your Story Well Told: Book Passage March 2024 : Forum : Sarah's Story (3/13/24)

Sarah's Story (3/13/24)

1 Month Ago

Here's some thoughts on your story from this week:
openings are super important.  liked yours a lot!  liked the opening about being divorced a few years, and that you were going to PV to "practice spanish" with a girlfriendbulk of the story was kind of surprising to me, as it focussed on her not wanting to do things with you and your strong emotional reactions to that rejection.I kind of wanted to hear more about that - the WHY was I so affected by this?  was it a call back to earlier rejections in my life?  or in this friendship?  or a suspicion of her and why she came in the first place?  that was the big "mystery" in the way you told it.  if that's not the important point, refocus the core of the story on yoursleg (and not her)you didnt mention at one point that Dense was ditching you and you wondering "why?"i really liked the surprise scene of the cake, and winning it, and the joy of that "party" with strangers.  you ended it as i recall about the aftermath of the friendship... but I think that's different than what I wanted -- I was more intereted in your own inner transformation.  why was this trip impactful to you?  what did the rejection (by a "friend") and the celebration of you (by "strangers") show/teach you?  
Corey