Wordsworth

Wordsworth

A Poem by sivan

Words too harshly spoken, yet in remembrance I cannot recall their origin. Was it you or I who stopped this heart from bleeding? "I take the blame. I am, I exist, and you are smiling at an unknown and uncalculated expense I will pay. In my mind I carry the hope of the lonely that love will return. In my mind I possess the strength of a mother whose children are in danger. In my mind I have the courage of a woman at war… but that is in my mind.

Words to perforate the surface, so forcing you to tread lightly across this no mans land. And yet as you move you fall through the tiny holes that serve only to remind you to retreat or prepare for the inevitable consequences. For the heart can be healed, but the wound is forever traceable through the DNA like scars that remain, decorated with a confetti of pain. So, why then do I find myself wanting to fall again into that which is you?

Words to deconstruct the feelings to a raw and agonizing state. Perhaps there IS only so many times a heart can be broken, only so many chances one person may receive. Perhaps every time we fall we lose one free ticket back to the top, thus making us deciders of our own fate. The desperate, doomed to haunt the dungeons of their own sanity for their addiction to love is the stronger driving force. You cannot force someone to love you nor can you be forced to love.


Words concepts that will not allow themselves to be understood. Powerful and flowing through us, everlasting life on a piece of paper. And so I step back merciless to the words and let them guide me through my existence.

© 2011 sivan


Author's Note

sivan
Please read... Any feedback would be great.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. me too ...
. this post is a spectacular mind map in words ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This piece flowed so very well and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I love the line: "Perhaps, every time we fall we lose one free ticket back to the top.." That packed so much imagery in one sentence. I am so glad I read this today. A very good poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your body of excellence shines through a vast cosmos that literally brings your words to life.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent,loved the imagery of words that conveyed the message in this piece,I can relate to this poem, so true and wonderful idea for this write!1 Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 19, 2011

Author

sivan
sivan

Durban, South Africa



About
I am a student of computer engineering... very technical yes but i like to get lost in the creativity of poetry and writing. Im an out and proud lesbian and if anyone doesn't like that well then that .. more..

Writing
Into Forever Into Forever

A Poem by sivan


Longing Longing

A Poem by sivan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..