Alexander's Dynasty

Alexander's Dynasty

A Story by B. Atkins
"

This is a short story on a character I made a while ago, named Alexander Nexus Kylar Drakius, otherwise known as Alexander 'Alex' Drakius. This character originated out of a role play.

"
The Dynasty's Beginning

In the beginning of the Dynasty, there were only two. One was the Dynasty Leader, Aion. Aion held the powers of creation, and with that power he constructed the Draconian race. He created different colors of Draconians, each with different powers and different abilities. He spawned life within the Draconian realm, while life in other realms already existed. For years he worked out the landscaping, drawing a painting of what the world would be like. His visions and imagination of the world kicked into high gear. Everything became the way he had envisioned it to be. Peaceful, there were grasslands, plains, mountains, volcanoes and water bodies. Deserts and plains covered the central region of the world, as the colder regions settling more in the north region than the south. 

All went well in his grand creation, as he began to call forth life from the plants and the trees. Even from the desert ground life sprouted and took form. As life began to form, things in the world changed. Some for the better and some for the worst. He watched over this growing world for almost five thousand years, changing things bad and continuing the good things. But he soon learned that if he continued to interfere, that bad things could happen. His last gift was the Draconians being born into the world. From each terrain they were born. The grassland, green draconians grew like a plant, but much larger until they were born into the world. The desert, earth Draconians tore at the ground in order to be born into the world. From the oceans and ice, the Draconians were born into the world by breaking free from something in the natural environment. 

The volcanoes produced two different types of Draconians. The first were the Fire Draconians, whom burst out of the magma of the given volcano. The Black Draconians were never known to have a specific power. It was said that one of the earlier Black Draconians mastered every element and even discovered other elements as well. Aion was pleased with his work, and he descended down to the realm to embody the White Draconian. The White's display a sense of wisdom and prowess over positive elements, but can use all of them just like the Black's. It has always been the case when the White and Black Draconians fought, they were equally matched.

Each Draconian had corresponded with it's particular element, becoming different colors, either for camouflage, or for easy identification. Either way it went, the different Dynasties were formed. The first to be formed was the Drakius Dynasty. Aion, being the founder of this dynasty, had powers beyond imagination. He never foresaw that there would be a natural balancing by his world. He was the leader of the Drakius Dynasty, and another Dynasty rose. This dynasty was founded by a Black Draconian that had powers equal to Aion's.  Aion made the decision to destroy the other Dynasty, and others saw what he had done. They created their own Dynasty, however a new order was established that said there would be a meeting to discuss major decisions for the people. By now there was more than a couple hundred Draconians. There were almost a quarter of a million, living and breathing. things were getting very hard, and Aion could not put it off any longer. 

He mated with a Red Draconian. It was not a bad thing, however there was a drastic change in the color. Instead of being a white Draconian, or a cross between the White and Red. Instead he was a Black Draconian. Aion was not furious, for it may be a natural occurrence.  As time grew on, and he became an elder, he saw how things were shifting. How the different colors of dragons were mating and producing draconians that had mixed powers, and mixed colors.

Now it moves into a different age... Where Draconians evolve into what are commonly known as Dragons. Draconians no longer produce Draconian children, they produce Dragon children.  

He named his child Kylar, and three thousand years after Aion and his mother pass him the power to the Dynasty, he builds an empire. Slowly but surely he creates an empire that one day would face an enemy so powerful that it would be nearly destroyed. As the draconians breed, the natural order attempts to balance the equation. What is made are the Shadow Dragons. They breed off of the shadows, use them to their advantage. They are not distinguishable from Black Dragons, but have completely different powers.

These Shadow Dragons attacked the civilian Dragons, killing them and the blame falling on the Drakius Dynasty. With Kylar aging, and his Draconian son Alexander becoming a young adult, Kylar does something no one thought he would do. 

Placing his son into the military, he excelled. Much more than many expected. He was rated a master in every element including Light and Dark. His combat efficiency was always a consistent ninety percent or above. He advanced through the ranks quickly, and by time the Shadow Dragons had organized, so had he. Becoming the commander of the Royal Dragon Army, and the Knight of One, he tracked down the Shadow Dragons. Under Kylar's rule, many civilians were spared. Under Alexander's command, the Royal Dragon Army's proficiency improved drastically. It took Alexander less than ten years to find where the Shadow Dragons had their Headquarters. But he could not attack them until he pressed through the front line forces.

The first Great War started. Between the Shadow Dragons and the Royal Dragons, there was bloodshed in places you would never expect. Entire towns massacred, forests burned by black flames, charred remains of civilians and soldiers alike. Among the millions of living dragons, over twenty million, both soldier and civilians, died. Alexander led the battle straight into the heart of the Shadow Dragons with a force of five thousand while the enemy had over fifteen thousand. through careful strategy and prowess of the battlefield, they were victorious.

But all was not well. 

Something seemed to stir a civilian unrest in the cities and towns. they demanded that the leader's body be shown for proof of death, but Alexander could not give them a body. His father, becoming furious at the unrest, battles his own son out of rage. Barely escaping with his life, Kylar feared that his son may be too powerful. He did not do anything for a great time, but when he did, Kylar turned his personal forces against Alexander. Three quarters of the Royal Forces turned against the Drakius dynasty, and Alexander fought with them. This was the second Great War. It was almost 500 years after the first, which is a small amount of time for a Dragon or Draconian. The second Great War didn't have as many casualties. However the Drakius Dynasty had a feud over who would take the leadership. After Alexander killed his father, he and his younger brother Isaac battled for the leader position. Alexander won, but ever since then there has been tension through the Dynasties about his potentials and powers.

((More will be coming at a later time))

© 2014 B. Atkins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on March 22, 2014
Last Updated on March 22, 2014
Tags: short, story, character, long, alias, origin, roleplay, nonfiction, fantasy

Author

B. Atkins
B. Atkins

New York City, NY



About
Residual terms residual vulnerability they can be recovered they can really improve so much that they don't meet the criteria that really Cognimaxx XL picked up their developmental trajectory but they.. more..

Writing