A Glimpse of the Dharma

A Glimpse of the Dharma

A Poem by 0-gravity

The sky revolves slowly, the earth standing still, the bear, from the darkness, he lusts for the kill.

We predatory creatures, so adept at the hunt. We bow, genuflect, bless ourselves at the font.

The wolf in sheep’s clothing, we know all the tricks, and deep in our psyche thoughts troubled and sick.

Something is wrong here, we cannot quiet grasp, fleeting and final like a dead mans last gasp.

 

 

 

Does anyone else feel life slipping away, like a famine ship sailing  in the last light of day.

Think long hard and deep now, what have you become? Can you turn from the darkness, see the light from the sun.

Don’t judge yourself harshly, we are lost in the fog and remember the story of scorpion and frog.

Our instinct is primal, the ego rules all but turn your gaze inwards let the thoughts start to fall.

Who is the seer and where does he rest, between the synapses or in the heartbeats of the chest.

Who’s is that voice ,talking deep in our mind, thoughts swirl like dark water and none of them kind

Impermanence of nature, can you feel it dissolving? let go of the grasping feel the dharma evolving.

 

 

We have sailed life’s long journey and crashed through the waves, as we stand on the foreshore look back through the haze.

This transient existence, all over too fast. Don’t look back with sorrow at mistakes of the past.

The truth is this moment, be present ,awake. let thoughts sink like pebbles in a cold mountain lake.

Deep love and compassion let it rise and be free, all locks they are shattered when we turn the right key.

The joy in our hearts let it rise, pumping fast and encompass the world like an atomic blast.

So swim to the surface break free from the deep. Lie down in contentment for the eternal sleep.

© 2018 0-gravity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on March 3, 2018
Last Updated on March 3, 2018