When My Lover Had Wings

When My Lover Had Wings

A Story by Kat
"

Jack was a boy with only a father. He didn't know much about his mother since she died when he was born. In this story he meets a girl that takes away his loneliness until this one day.

"

             In 1905, Father would always take me to where he works since mom is no longer in this world now. When I’m bored, I would pretend to be a worker like my father. While playing, a girl my age came up to me and asked, “Is it alright if I played with you?”, I thought for a minute, then said, “Of course!!” so we were playing together for so long we became great friends.

           10 Years later, right now am 16 years old, that girl I played with ten years ago, I forgot to ask what her name was, so I went to see her to ask what her name was, I know how odd it is not to ask a person for their name when you became best friends with them or forget their name but it always happens to me anyways. By the time I got there, she was napping on she porch, I woke her up so that she could see if she remember who I was. As I stand there, she slowly opens her eyes and stares at me for a little bit, then says, “Oh! I remember you. You were that boy I played with ten years ago.” Then I responded, “So you do remember me! That’s great!” Then I remember I came here to ask for her name, so I asked, “ I forgot your name could you tell me again?” So she said, “My name is Angela Warren,” Then she asked for my name too, so I said,  “Mines is Jack McFinley.” So we went to town and we were hanging out, talking about what we did these ten years. When we were in a whole crowd of people, I accidently bumped into Angela. Then felt a thump. My heart was very excited all of the sudden and was beating too fast. I don’t know what this feeling is. I think I’m sick. So as soon as I get home I asked dad, “Why is my heart beating so fast? Is it a illness? What is it?” Father replied, “Son, you’re in love. “ I said, “WHAT!?! there must be a mistake dad, I'm sure it's something other than that.” “It’s no mistake son.” So then after dinner, I went straight to bed trying to forget what father had said to me today.

          The next day, she was swinging on the playground alone, I look at her beautiful golden hair along with her sky blue eyes, she looks at me with a smile, it cause me to blush. I was blushing so bad it was as red as a tomato, I hid my face in embarrassment, then she said, “Hi Jack. Why are you hiding your face?” I replied, “I had something on my face so I had to wipe it off” Then  she said “You're so cute.” I was surprised that she said that and I was a bit happy too when she said that, then I accidently said, “I love you” after I said that, she says with a smile and slight blush, “Then do you want to be my boyfriend?” I said “ok!” I was so happy walking back home and I Couldn't wait to see her tomorrow.

       A few days later,all of the sudden she’s feeling kinda sick today so I just left her alone feeling a bit sad for her because I couldn't spend time with her. I left her alone so that she could sleep. The next day she had a fever, so I made soup for her and fed her saying in my mind she's going to get better soon I hope. But then every day her fever has gotten worse, her parents worry everyday and so did I.

      Then her parents decided to call the doctor, but the doctor said, “I'm sorry ma'am. there’s nothing I can do.” As soon as I Heard that I began to cry with big drops of tears rolling down my cheeks. As I get home, I run to my room and cried till I fell asleep. Now Every night I threw my tantrums saying, “Why can’t it be me? WHY!! Why can’t I die instead of her? God, why are you torturing me? Why!”

     One week later she died, I'm depressed but i’m going to see her one last time before they sink her in the river. As I arrive at her funeral. She’s there. She looks as if she’s sleeping peacefully. I look at her one last time saying, “Hey Angela, I love you and miss you so I wish you’d come back to me.” I was tearing up hiding my face in my handkerchief so that no one could see. When I’m done saying my farewells to Angela, they go sink her in the river. I’m Done with my life, I can’t feel anything anymore, she’s gone leaving me paralyzed, I can’t cry,laugh,or smile now. I’m only numb now and I can’t do anything but cry every night thinking of her. Right now, all I can think about is my mind saying, “SHE’S DEAD” repeatedly, it goes over and over, again and again, I’m going crazy since the day of her death, then realize I can’t forget Angela no matter what. I pray everyday to hear her voice one last time.

     Then one day I fell asleep. I’m at Angela's house for some reason, but I don't know how I got here though. Then I see a little girl and boy playing with each other, I realized that it was me and Angela. We were playing doctor together, I remember how fun it was. Then she and I promise to marry each other when we grow older. I remember that one time how she was bullied, but I was protecting her and I ended up taking her place of being their punching bag, but it was worth it. The reason why it was better because I didn't want them to hurt my precious beautiful flower.

     When I woke up I realized it was the dream of my past with Angela. Then for some reason I saw a girl with golden blond running, so I followed her. As soon as she stopped running, I saw her face. It was Angela! What she said to me was, “Nice to see you again Jack. I’ve been watching over you everyday, I’m sorry to have hurt you and causing you so much pain. Could you forgive me? Before I go, could you grant this wish? My wish for you is that I want you to always smile that beautiful smile you showed me everyday when we were little.” Then I said, “Okay Angela, I will make sure I grant that wish as long as it was for you.” After that I was crying my tears of happiness saying, “ Thank you god for listening to my request.  Thank you for letting me see and hear Angela one last time.”  Then I return back home where Father was and told him of what I saw, he believed me and says, " Only if your mother did that to me. She was a beautiful woman that was a lot different woman." After that conversation, I promise myself to only love her and never forget her.


               EXTRA


      Every year on her birthday I would visit her grave saying, “ I’m smiling everyday just like what you asked for, and thank you for being in my life, without you I wouldn’t be like this.” I walk away, then I hear her voice saying, “Thank you” And I knew walking away that it was Angela who was now my angel that I will never forget.










© 2015 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
Please be kind if you don't like the story. I'm a very young writer that's emotional. So please at least say you didn't like it or something like that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on October 16, 2015
Last Updated on October 16, 2015
Tags: (Love)(tragic)(beautiful)

Author

Kat
Kat

St. Paul, MN



About
I am a young writer who loves to write a lot and enjoys doing what I do. My first best story I wrote is called When My Lover Had Wings. more..

Writing
The Monster The Monster

A Poem by Kat


Disappear world Disappear world

A Book by Kat


Broken Heart Broken Heart

A Poem by Kat