Just Breath

Just Breath

A Story by HerBloodBank
"

This is a continued story of Just Breath. Enjoy(:

"
I crawled into bed, sobbing. My body hurt so much. I wrapped the blanket around my and hugged my pillow. I didn't fall asleep until three in the morning.
The next morning I left the house early so my mom would see the black eye. It began to snow today. I zipped up my jacket and walked quickly to school. Nobody was when I arrived. I sat on the steps and chewed on my nails. When people starting showing up, I shoved my face in a book. I tried so hard to read. 
"Hey, Beck!" It was Sully. I didn't look up form my book.
"Hey.." I said quietly, not putting down the book. But, Sully removed the book and I freaked out. I kept my head down, but I knew he saw it. Sully sat down next to me and touched it. 
"Ow!" I yelled.
"Beck, what happened?" i looked at him, and saw worry in his eyes.
"Nothing. When you guys left, I walked into something"
He didn't buy it, though. "Seriously? No one is that clumsy." 
I bit my lip. God, why couldn't he just drop it?
"Well I am! Ask anyone" I gave him a weak smile.
He looked at me with uncertainty, then I saw Ron walking towards me.
"S**t.." I said, under my breath. How will I explain this eye to him. He'll freak out. Ron sat on my right and kissed my cheek. I smiled, but didn't look at him. 
"Hey, Ron.." I tried to cover my face. It was quiet for a minute, and then Ron grabbed my chin and pulled my face towards him. My eyes were filled with tears.
"What happened?" he asked, rage growing.
"She walked into something" Sully answered for me.
"Did Jeff do it?" Ron asked, holding me now.
"No! I walked in to something. That's it!" The bell rang, I grabbed my things and walked to math.

At lunch I didn't feel like eating. I was thinking about how I was going to explain this mom. She would never buy the whole 'walking into something'. She knows I'm smarter than that. I chewed on my nails, and tried so hard not cry. Images of last night haunts me. I knew I had to tell someone, but who? I couldn't anyway. He makes Mama so happy.
"Beck?"
I wonder if she'll hate me if I tell anyone...
"Beck!"
No, she couldn't. I'm her daughter. She loves me.
"Beck!"
"What?" I snapped at Sully.
"Did you hear me?"
I was confused. Was he talking this whole time? "No."
"I asked if you wanted to go to the movies with me"
"Uh, sure. I'll tell Addie and Ron" I ran my hand through my hair.
Sully smiled. "No, I mean you and me. Alone"
I looked at him. Was he crazy? He's at least two years older than me. And if I go alone with him, people might think he punched me. And what will Jeff do? What if Sully ends up liking me?
"Um, I don't know" I rubbed my neck.
"Please? I just thought we could get to know each other."
I sighed and took a sip of his Coke, "Fine. Is Saturday okay?"
"Great, I'll make sure I'll call you" he smiled and ate his sandwich

When I got home, dinner was ready. Lizzy was on the couch eating spaghetti.
"Hey Liz, where's mom and Jeff?"
"His name is DADDY! They're upstairs" she exclaimed, wiping meat sauce off her cheek with her shirt. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to me. I sighed when I heard mom moaning and Jeff groaning. I need to get out of here.
"Liz, do you want to get some ice cream?" I asked smiling.
"Daddy will be mad" she started to play with her food. Jeff never hit my sister but she saw him slap me once. 
"No he won't. I promise" I smiled and made me pinky swear.

We ordered our ice cream, when we got them we sat down at a bench and starting eating. For a moment I watched her, praying she will never have to go through the pain I'm going through. And then, I started thinking about Sully. And just like that, like out of some cliche movie, Sully and Ron were walking down the sidewalk. I tried to hide from them. But of course, with Liz here, I can never hide.
"How did you get hurt, Becky?" Liz asked, very loud. I turned red when they looked at me. They stood in front of me.
"I walked into something. Hey guys.." I said, quietly. Sully sat next to me and Ron sat next to Liz, hugging her tight. Sully took my ice cream, but I didn't care. Ron was playing with Liz, then Sully brought up our date.
"Can we go on Friday? I have to see my mom on Saturday" he said, eating the side of the cone. 
"Sure. Where are we going after the movies?" I asked.
"Not too sure. I'll think about it"
"Okay. Well, I really wanted to see The Original" I said, looking at my hands. I felt weird looking directly at people. I felt like they were only staring at my bruise. When Liz was done, I told them good-bye but she mad a fuss about it, wanting to stay with Ron. I hated when she acted like this. We really needed to go, because I know Jeff will be mad. Then I won't be able to go to the movies.
"Come on, Liz. We have to go" I gave her a stern look.
"I can drive you" Ron said holding Liz's hand. I sighed. I knew there would be no way I could win with her. I got in the car. Liz and I were in the back, and I warned Ron to drive slow.
When I got home, I knew mom and Jeff were still upstairs. I smiled and put the TV on for Liz. I down the hall to my room and put on some music. The Killers were playing, and I started to undress for a shower. When I wrapped my towel around me, I looked at my eyes. The swelling was kind of going down. I sighed then jumped into the shower. When I was done, I walked into my room and saw Jeff standing near my dresser, looking at my pictures of my dad. I stood there, frozen. I didn't want him to know I was here. I took a step back, biting hard on my lip, but God must hate me because the floorboards squeaked. Jeff turned around.
"Hey. I noticed you didn't have any pictures of me" he came closer.
I started crying silently. "Where's mom?" I blurted.
"Doesn't matter" he crushed his lips on mine. 
I pushed him away "No more" I pleaded. That made him angry. He grabbed me and pushed me on the bed.

© 2012 HerBloodBank


Author's Note

HerBloodBank
Tell me what you think. Thank you for reading. It means alot.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hate that b*****d Jeff. Well written. So much to the point that I literally want to beat his face in.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well-written. Good beginning to a story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You fixed the dialogue! Excellent! This is again, very well written, an I swear it felt like I was reading a true story the whole time. Great job, thank you for sending it to me,

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

HerBloodBank

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Honestly these comments made my day :D
Admiral Kirk

11 Years Ago

No problem! I love your story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: justbreath

Author

HerBloodBank
HerBloodBank

Austin, TX



About
About Me: No Description Available Music: Indie (Bon Iver, Daughter, James Vincent McMorrow, Death Cab For Cutie, etc) Punk (The Germs, The Misfits, The Sex Pistols, The Romones, etc.) Rock and R.. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by HerBloodBank



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..