BBC Sherlock Atmosphere

BBC Sherlock Atmosphere

A Story by EllieRose45
"

My short practice on atmospheric description, based around 221B!

"
As the cool winter windstorm blows steadily outside disrupting a still, early December night in the heart of London, two men sit quietly in a small flat in an older building, almost as if they are afraid of disturbing the peace separating them from the harsher weather outside.

The atmosphere inside the flat is a soothing contrast to the outside world. While the light powdery snow on the sidewalks and roads is freshly placed from the recent first snows of winter, a light layer of dust sits on shelves and tabletops in the flat from lack of a much needed thorough cleaning. Stacks of randomly placed books, files, and binders are scattered around chairs and tables, lining a path to walk to commonly used areas throughout the living space. The only similarity of the outside and inside atmosphere is the energy filled weather matching the feelings inside the two men, who are still filled with adrenaline from an adventure that ended a few hours earlier, creating an almost odd-feeling light tension in the air.

A shorter man with short blond hair wearing a sweater sits in an old armchair reading a book by the light of the nearby open kitchen behind him and a small lamp on a side table next to his chair, facing the one window in the room. A small fire gently flickers to his left in the old brick fireplace. A small clock ticks on the mantle above it next to a very real human skull, rhythmically breaking the silence inside the flat. A taller man with short and curly dark-brown hair wearing an old t-shirt, normally the occupant of the leather armchair opposite the shorter man’s chair, lies on the large floor rug next to the fire with his eyes closed, distracted by his thoughts of the exciting adventure of the day.

© 2020 EllieRose45


Author's Note

EllieRose45
Any tips/criticism would be appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on April 1, 2020
Last Updated on April 1, 2020
Tags: Sherlock

Author

EllieRose45
EllieRose45

About
I am a freshman in college, and have loved writing my whole life. My dream is to be a published fiction/poetry writer somehow. I have a LOT to learn, but i'm trying my best! more..

Writing