Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
SEEKING TRUTH

SEEKING TRUTH

A Poem by Zeek4

Nature of reality confusing it be. Deeper we dig stranger things seem. Will physics and religion one-day join hands, or crippling dogma result in our end? If a creator be, the one true gift is to clearly see. It’s all so much grander than minds can conceive. Expanse of it all infinite it seems. Bigger and smaller, appears no end. Unshackle your mind, seek truth my friend. Road to redemption is logic not spoof. Leave fairy tales to the kiddies, sharpen your mind, look for proof. Double blind findings, seek facts at all times. Be wary of falsehood, keep your guard up, be wise.

© 2012 Zeek4


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very deep and kind of insightful as well

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the ambiguity here,
it's quite thought provoking and wonderfully written.

:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Smile... I like

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is wisdom!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's a very clever piece, although it talks of falsehoods, and does so clearly - it is also ambiguous. Appropriate. You could find lines in it to support atheism and organised religion. And anything else for that matter.

I liked your tone, I think prose based poetry is your strong point. It fits your meandering, 'out-loud-ness'. I've only ever read your posts on a screen, but you're an 'out loud' kind of read. As if you suggest an idea to then watch it wriggle around in the air for some time. You don't force it onto someone, but let it settle.

You also make very neat endings, almost lyrical as they're 'wrapped up'. Thank you for directing me to this. I'm sure you'll have a lively debate concerning its contents.


Posted 12 Years Ago


You dance the dark and light... truth and fairy tale... wisdom and foolishness... Too often we simply walk through the world not aware of our surrounding... too focused on our own experience. May we open up to a deeper life and live it well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Certainly be wary of falsehood, but maybe with the logic and ethics needed to seek truth. But, of course we need a little imagination else we fence-sit or are unable to see further than the ends of our noses. Yes, we need to examine proof but also we need to remember that in fact it's transient .. analysis is done by a band of like-minded individuals, they search but their findings are again within their own range; every decade can bring amendments, alterations, suspicions, doubts. Do we ever actually find truth? Knowledge rolls in time and space like a snowball moving down a high, high mountain.

Life and what it's made of moves non-stop .. so, truth must be variable - as it's meant to be; the search for proof is a way of learning about self as much as the given subject.

If physics and religion sometime join hands, I'm not sure any of us reading this fine piece of writing will be around to see; however, should it happen overnight, will we understand the complexities of mind interwoven with spirit.

Sorry, written too much, whether wise or rambling. Your post has really set the mind going, thank you so much for the inspiration to double think and more

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! Very deep and insightful for such a short piece, I’ve ask myself the same question , seeking to understand everything around me only time will tell.
Excellent write.


Posted 12 Years Ago


speaking of Dogma...you should see that movie - it shows the contradictions of we humans.

the truth is a believed lie - there are plenty of versions of it...statistics are skewed, intentions differ and the hunger for power, influence and attention is in most because we are sentient beings. we crave connection.

technology is bringing more information to our sight, we can no longer be deceived, we see the things that go on thru security cameras and videos of regular citizens thru-out the world - we see that my truth is not your truth...that my oppression may be your freedom - we realize truth thru contrasts...and then guard it through the drowning out of all other senses; because in reality - the truth hurts so we spin versions of it to see the positive or the lesson in it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ok, dogma and spoof and poof are already here.
The next question is "Now What"

The truth will set you free but only for those not grown fond of their own shackles.
Doesn't matter whose truth it is.

Clear, truth. Not that hard to understand. Shockingly, when you start to seek it and demand nothing less, then you start to see the crazy, insane, whacko, gonzo, lying liabilities all around you.... and DANG, it's scary.

Short and sweet and to the truthful point.
amen brother.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 30, 2012

Author

Zeek4
Zeek4

San Diego, CA



Writing
MARK AND I MARK AND I

A Story by Zeek4


REBIRTH REBIRTH

A Poem by Zeek4



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..