Urging voices

Urging voices

A Story by Olivia Danielle
"

Voices we all have in the back of our minds.

"

She’d always have these urges, but she would never follow through. Looking out into the busy street, she would wonder what would happen if she ran out fearlessly.She’d ponder, but at the end of the day she would still look both ways. Feeling the water brush up against her toes, she would wonder what would happen if she dove in, but never came back up. She’d ponder, but at the end of the day, she would emerge. These urges were always there, riding copilot with her everywhere she went. Whispering in her ear how easy it would be to end everything. Or to end everyone. She would tell herself she’d never do such a thing. But why were these voices still here? They seemed to be getting louder everyday. Every Time an opportunity same afront for her to cause chaos to herself or others, there was a timebomb in her chest. It would never go off, but every time a second counted down, her chest would get tighter.

She looked up to the world above her, then looked at the dark world around her, and said her apologies that she gave in to her voices...

© 2018 Olivia Danielle


Author's Note

Olivia Danielle
This ending of this story can have many perceptions... feel free to share with me your takes!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, my favorite line would be, " Looking out into the busy street, she would wonder what would happen if she ran out fearlessly." it feels like i can relate to this wish and the infinite possibilities that follow, you could take yourself anywhere, start anew. But then I realized this was about wanting to get hit by a passing vehicle rather than running away. The ending as I see it is more about the narrator than the character. It is as if, suddenly the narrator wasn't talking about the girl anymore but about herself. Maybe something she couldn't do but only write down to relieve the urge.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Olivia Danielle

5 Years Ago

Very interesting perception
This was deep made me think of someone with a personality disorder that wanted to die. like you said any someone feeling trapped and wanting to breakfree from themself their woes problems caused by themself or others close to them.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2018
Last Updated on July 16, 2018