Sertraline

Sertraline

A Poem by Olivia Danielle


I haven’t fully grasped the concept. As a compulsive liar, once something so life changing is true and in motion, I find it hard to believe.


I keep waiting for the moment I wake, or at least, the moment when I discover I’ve been lying to everyone including myself this whole time.


Denying doesn't’ solve anything so I’ve learned.


I wondered if my mind played elaborate tricks on me to keep me in a corner feeling sorry for myself. Perhaps. Perhaps not.


I had no reason to, my life around me was a white picket fence dream.


This was too real. I never thought this would happen to myself. You never know what it is until it’s tangling with your mind.


Waiting for judgement, disbelief, confusion. Being me, I found ways to manipulate this.


This never scared me.

Until I realized it was real.

© 2018 Olivia Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting poem well written and true, so true to so many of us, me included, life is so complex and we are too thanks for entry into my comp

Posted 5 Years Ago


Olivia Danielle

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reading this Juliespenhere!
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

4 Years Ago

Congratulations you got a place
i can relate to this as i too feel this way and have most of my life. its quite curious for me, observing this emotions as they come one by one

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wow that's more in depth than my poem. If you like writing about pain and depression, be sure to read my story faceless! :) Love your writing by the way!

Posted 5 Years Ago


I can relate to your thoughts and feelings. And believing in your own lies inside your own mind and heart. Until you open up and see the real truth before you. Like with my hubbies Cancer. I had to face the truth and reality of all. And then learn to take each new day before us together. Sometimes we kid ourselves on. To hold back the pain and the real reality of what is actually going on before our very eyes and hearts. Because at that moment in time. We just can not accept the real truth. But when we do. We grow stronger and wise. And grow.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 17, 2018
Last Updated on August 17, 2018