Everyday face

Everyday face

A Story by 22ben
"

This is a true story, about my best friend who killed herself 3 years ago.

"
I walked into the room, and it was completely dark, which wasn't unusual, it was 9:03pm. I called out her name, and there was no response, so i decided to turn the lights on and look for her. After a minute or two of searching, and many bruises from bumping into foreign objects, i found the light switch. I remember it like it was yesterday, though, its been 3 years now, when the light came on I saw her. She was dressed in a t shirt that i had bought her, and some cut up jeans, no shoes, and some bracelets. This would have been a beautiful picture, had she not been hanging by a rope, with both wrists slit. I yelled her name several times, hoping she would respond, hoping it was all a dream or a cruel joke, but she never moved. I fell on my knees and cried to a god i wasn't sure existed and I just asked why. Why did she have to be taken from me? Why didn't she tell me what was wrong? Why didn't I ask her? Why did she have to die? I remember crying for 3 days straight, not eating, or sleeping, just the occasional sip of water to keep me from throwing up more than I already was. Its been 3 years now and this picture still haunts me, still taunts me, still toys with my mind, and i think it always will. I think that I wont be able to kill myself today, or tomorrow, or the next, just like the days before, because I see her face, and I hear her say no.

© 2014 22ben


Author's Note

22ben
Please tell me what you think, and please don't just post sympathy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 23, 2014
Last Updated on January 23, 2014
Tags: suicide, death, sadness, pain, hurt

Author

22ben
22ben

About
My name is Ben Edwards, i like to write when I can, its nothing special but its one of my true loves, so i will continue to do it. more..

Writing
Beautiful pain Beautiful pain

A Story by 22ben