Darkness

Darkness

A Story by Hosimone

Darkness creeps along the bare field within my mind. Loneliness is winning the battle. I stand alone on the field tired and sapped of energy, watching it as thin blades of grass graze my ankles. Sweat drips down my skin from the heavy air that surrounds me. The black fog moves slow and heavy, silently billowing its fingers out in front of the body. It pulls itself closer to me. I’ve been evading it for days in vain hoping to outlast the heavy fog that follows me. I’ve become slower, and the monster that creeps towards me has gotten faster. I want to fall to the ground. To give up. Let the hands of darkness caress me and pretend I’m not alone anymore. Something keeps me from crumbling to the ground and I keep moving forward, turning my back to the darkness that stalks me from behind. Moving my burning muscles, I stagger forward with tears in my eyes. The only thing I can hear is the grass bending below my dragging feet and my labored breathing. Grass turns to sand, making my feet sink; it’s harder to get away from the black fingers that stretch towards me greedily. I cry out in frustration and fall to my knees, my hands hitting the soft sand. Roots sprout up and wrap around my arms and legs, pulling at me. I struggle, fighting against them. Clawing at my skin, I suddenly am in a glass box. Blinded by the dark surrounding me, I hit the glass. I start to cry out for help, but stop. I’m alone. It’s pointless. The walls shrink around me, and I pound the glass harder, screaming. It breaks, and I fall forward. Shards of glass tear at my palms and knees, drawing warm blood. Darkness still blinds me and I stumble without direction. Moving without purpose. I just know I have to keep moving. Tears fall down my face as I lose my sanity the longer I stumble along the never ending darkness. 

© 2020 Hosimone


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This seems to me to be an extended metaphor for the person trying to escape some threat or menace. It's very well written and just about the right length. Amazingly it reminds me very strongly of one of my own stories called the Field. (page 12 or 13)
Very well done!
All the best,
Alan


Posted 1 Year Ago


Hi Hosimone
I love your choice of word. I'm not sure if this is a true story because you are writing it in first person, but what, or who are you running away from? I'd be keen to know if you succeed.
LittleScribbler

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 4, 2020
Last Updated on October 4, 2020

Author

Hosimone
Hosimone

FL



About
Previously on here as 50centdolly. I am not on as much as I used to be, but I have a few pieces that I have recently written down so they will make their way on my profile quite soon. more..

Writing
80s Synth 80s Synth

A Story by Hosimone


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hosimone


PLAYPEN PLAYPEN

A Book by Hosimone