my dearest Dorian

my dearest Dorian

A Poem by fen
"

a love letter to someone i don't know anymore

"
my Dorian, my dearest Dorian,

i don't understand you. i've been a slave of your words for so long but now i feel like i'm finally letting myself go; and i've been a fool, risking everything just to write about you. i am ashamed. i regret every poem, every word, every letter, and still sometimes on grey days like this, when it rains, when the wind howls, on cold days like this i think of you, i remember the cold day we met, face to face, just you and me and the streets brown leaves, like out of a french black and white film.

my dearest Dorian, i can't keep spinning around you when i've found someone who considers me their sun.

my dearest Dorian, not so dear anymore... i've had enough. dear Dorian, apple of my eye, cherub of my love... not anymore. in my mind you were an angel announcing noon; now i see you're just a white line in a suit.

Dorian, you sadly don't have a portrait to rot for you, so take care. don't be a fool. don't break too many hearts. don't fly too close to the sun: i survived but i promise you, you will burn.

my Dorian, my dearest Dorian. not my Dorian anymore.

© 2023 fen


Author's Note

fen
i'm back after a veeeery long time, uni had me occupied.
as always, i'd love to know what you think about this, and i hope you enjoyed reading it <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A final goodbye with a sting to it. This love, once meant everything, yet he has clearly blotted his copybook. The emotions clearly conveyed in this piece. Nicely written.

Chris

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fen

4 Months Ago

thanks for your words, Chris, i am glad you enjoyed the reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
1 Review
Added on December 12, 2023
Last Updated on December 12, 2023
Tags: love, heartgreak, drugs, distance, friendship, identity, art

Author

fen
fen

Spain



About
20 y/o writter with too many thoughts in her head and emotions in her heart. i mainly write about love, heartbreak and identity, and i don't know why but i have a weird tendency to mention dark the.. more..

Writing
not long ago not long ago

A Poem by fen


hate you ? hate you ?

A Poem by fen