Time

Time

A Poem by V.J.C.
"

Time runs quickly by, just out of reach. You give chase but know you will never catch it.

"
You sit down on a old weathered bench trying to catch a breath.
Time seems to be your enemy in this never ending game.
 Quitting is not an option, or that is at least what you are told.
Time runs past you and it is but a blur, sighing in frustration you stand.
 Run, run as fast as you can but never shall you catch time.
Lungs burning, legs slowing with each passing minute.
 The darkness that surrounds does not help none in your search of time. 
 You know time will win, it always does in the end.
Thoughts resurface of what was said and should never be done.
 Why should you listen now, you know what will happen in the end.
You lose, never able to win against your enemy that is called time.
So the dark thoughts creep, your legs now no longer are willing to bare your weight.
 You sit in the long, soft grass that comforts you like no other had.
Weary from the chase, the sounds of a flowing stream is like a lullaby to your ears.
 Heavy lids drift lower, body lost of energy and no longer willing to fight.
 You take a huge breath of the cool night air, thinking with disdain that time has won yet again.
 Lifting a hand you stare at it, remembered the past that had been lost for so long.  
Hand aged from times own doing, once upon a time you and time walked hand in hand.
 Once, had fought together but now never again for time has left you behind.
 Eyes closed with burdens none can see, only known by yourself and time.
You slowly release your long held breath and let your hand drop, time has won.
 

© 2012 V.J.C.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH yeah this is going in my library for sure.

Posted 11 Years Ago


WOW...just WOW. I think this is an amazing poem! You blew me away with this. I loved it I love it I loved it. to anyone who has lost a love one miss the days thathad been or know theirs are comeing to an end(thats all of us one day) this poem is for them. I am so proud of you your work your growth. Thank you for allowing us to share your journey though writting. NEVER STOP!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow this actually reminds me of a journal entry I wrote a while back. I wrote about how I never kept up with time. How I'm young physically, but how ancient I felt mentally and emotionally. I was really able to relate with this poem.
You used great imagery and word choice. Good job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on June 4, 2012

Author

V.J.C.
V.J.C.

Sadly, in reality, CO



About
Two years have past, everything amd nothing has changed. I still struggle and try to find my way through this world that seems so dark. Not really seeing the things around, focused on surviving. A l.. more..

Writing
The Glitch The Glitch

A Poem by V.J.C.


Scream Scream

A Poem by V.J.C.