Prisoner of the light and dark

Prisoner of the light and dark

A Poem by G.A. Grim
"

A poem from the imagined view point of someone's shadow.

"

It matters not the strength of my will, love, or hate. The night can never, be the day.

The sun will always rise in the east. And I will remain the villain in this small play.

Each of us have our roles. Just as certain as the moon, will always, chase its prey.

My story will now be told. So you must please listen, to what I have to say.

From my earliest memories to nightmares, I have been trapped in this same cell.

And just like with a helpless puppet on strings, each of its movements compel.

How is it I go unheard? The screams in my head a thunderstorm could not quell.

I know not what monstrous things I have done or thought, to deserve this hell.


The only time I am free, I am scared. Surrounded by the deepest dark.

This freedom is a costly one. The price itself, leaves its very own mark.

I can not move! Yet I am not moved! Both of my realities are stark.

An all consuming fury has now been born, and only wishes to spark.


I now believe I will never truly be free. Cursed to stay in this cage.

Much time has passed. It now starts to slow. Showing signs of wear and age.

It is quiet now, I think soon my story ends. The book has shared its last page.

Tell the world to be thankful and relieved. It has been spared, from my rage.

© 2017 G.A. Grim


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on December 19, 2017
Last Updated on December 19, 2017

Author

G.A. Grim
G.A. Grim

OH



About
Hello. I have been passionate about writing for many years, and would like to become better at it. I hope sharing my words with you here can help me achieve this. Thank you in advance for any feedback.. more..

Writing
Last stand Last stand

A Poem by G.A. Grim


Imagine Imagine

A Poem by G.A. Grim