Do You Know What It Feels Like...

Do You Know What It Feels Like...

A Poem by 901cf

Do you know what it feels like...

…to have someone who totally gets you?

…to have someone who you can totally be yourself around?

…to have someone that whenever you aren’t with them, you think about the next time y’all will be together?

…to have someone who you care for like you’ve never cared for someone before?

…to have someone who you feel like you would do literally anything for?

…to have someone who makes you question if it’s love because you’ve never felt like this about someone before?

…to have to question whether they care about you the same?

…to have to watch their interest in you slowly decline?

…to have to try your hardest to make it work and hope they’ll return the feelings at some point if you keep trying?

…to have to accept that they just don’t care for you as much?

…to have to make the decision to end it because you would rather them be happy without you than unhappy with you?

…to have to pretend that you’re ok with it being over but deep down you’re not?

…to understand way too well Michael’s “I’m dead inside.” quote from the Office?

…to know they don’t think about you 24/7 like you damn near do as you try to shove the feelings deeper and deeper down?

…to watch them move on from you while the only thing you can think of is the time y’all were together?

…to try and make yourself not love them, even hate them, just for the pain to go away?

…to just want to text/call them and say that you miss them but you just avoid them because it’s easier to not see/talk to them at all than to pretend to be ok with being friends?

…to hope with all your heart that there can be someone else who you could feel the same for and they’d love you back?

© 2017 901cf


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017
Tags: love, lost love, missing, poem, teen

Author