A Decade and a Friend

A Decade and a Friend

A Story by Kasey Miriam

The count down was over and he was finally at the door. When I opened the door to say hello he didn't waste a second. I didn't get a word in before he kissed me. The long awaited first kiss, but maybe I should tell the story from the beginning. 

So here we go...I met my best friend in first grade, but I s'pose things pick up around eighth grade. He sat two seats in front of me in both French and algebra. We talked and joked everyday especially between classes. 

Late September that year I think is when I really started to fall for him. He was one of the smartest kids in class and had the most unique sense of humor. Just seeing him made my day, but we had been friends so long I was terrified to tell him how I felt. instead I learned any and everything I could about him. I observed his habits and picked up on each of his quirks. 
We were the closest two friends could be at school, but I didn't spend time with anyone outside of school. Not by my choice and looking back I regret not fighting my parents on the matter more. Freshman year he took the chance to ask me out and I was shocked. In my stumbling over words I don't think I was very clear how much I wanted to say yes. Sadly, my parents really did not want me dating till I was at least 16 and I felt the need to respect that. He told me he'd wait and the next year he met someone new and dated her, so as time passed I thought he was just over me and tried to move on myself.

© 2019 Kasey Miriam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on October 16, 2018
Last Updated on May 16, 2019

Author

Kasey Miriam
Kasey Miriam

OH



About
Curently a 28 year old wife and mother. My life revoles around my family and our children are the biggest blessing in life. I love to write Haiku and free verse poetry. more..

Writing