The Dog Park

The Dog Park

A Story by Kasey Miriam

The day was September 7th, 2019. It was cool and the edges of the leaves had begun to turn. I was curled up in my queen sized bed with a few blankets, a pile of pillows and my dog, max. The weekend normally time for socializing and fun, however, being eight months into a break up from a long relationship and away from my friends and family; I choose to work. After getting up and dressed for work I fed max and poured my first cup of coffee for the day. It was only 7am so I had two hours for myself before I needed to get to work. Max and I enjoyed our slow morning and at 20 to nine i got dressed and told him I'd see him later. 
I was the first of the weekend crew to arrive. I work in a research facility and every day is vastly different for us. It was a good day light workload and we were able to get home early, a rarity. Leaving felt fantastic after the week we had fourteen hour days my poor Maxwell was stuck inside. I rushed home and wanted to make the week up to Maxwell so we packed up and went to the new dog park in town. When we arrived there were two other dogs and two owners, I let Max off his leash and sat in the back of the park to observe. There was a German Shepard and an Elkhound in the park that day. Two people I hadn't seen before. My dog was doing his typical running laps around the park, since we didn't have a yard it was the only place he got to play. He paid no attention to the other dogs and I wasn't paying much attention to anything. I was just enjoying the decompression time in the cool sunny afternoon. The owner of the German Shepard left after we were there for a few minutes. The elkhound ran up to me for a quick pet and was off to play again. A moment later that dogs owner walked up to me. He was slightly taller than average, I was looking down as he walked up and noticed his shoes first, military boots, I looked up and noticed his hair cut also seemed military. He stopped a few feet in front of me "hey did my dog crap over here?" I gave him a bit of an odd look "I don't think so"

© 2022 Kasey Miriam


Author's Note

Kasey Miriam
Nowhere near finished and will be written in tiny bits and edited as I continue.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've got my interest! I would like more!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kasey Miriam

2 Years Ago

Thsnk you I will return to this project this summer hopefully. My maternity leave should give me so.. read more
KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

You are welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 19, 2020
Last Updated on September 4, 2022
Tags: Love, unexpected

Author

Kasey Miriam
Kasey Miriam

OH



About
Curently a 28 year old wife and mother. My life revoles around my family and our children are the biggest blessing in life. I love to write Haiku and free verse poetry. more..

Writing