story

story

A Story by Paulinam

Every story starts with a specific object , place , time , thing this triggers a series of events where decisions are made and frankly create the story.

Up front I think its fair to say that this story isn’t about love or life or appreciation or any of that live you r life to the fullest bull although I must confess every story has it.

This is just a story.

 

Chapter one

It all started in a cinema , it was dark and cold and you could see your breath condense which I thought was really cool. Although my friends who were with me at the time thought it was a natural event. One of the beuties of life in my opinion are movies they trigger opinions and provoke ideas and one February afternoon after watching a movie my brain.went.overdirve.

Did it hurt? A little yes it felt like my head was being squashed together by a couple of sumo wrestlers the world was spinning and my only thought was ; Ice-cream cold chocolate ice cream that soothes everything.  Naturally my friends freaked out as I fell on the stone cold pavement, which reminds me to introduce you . dear reader to them, Andy and Diana , Andy is  to put it short a typical stereotypical skater dude skinny jeans goes with the flow brown shaggy hair and brown eyes and is quite lanky, Diana is your average girl next door curly brown hair sweet personality short an pixie like and me I am a sack of potatoes compared to my friends I was really a gray mouse 167 blue eyes brown hair and timid also sometimes depressive.  So there I was passed out on the pavement at night in New York with my friends going into a panic frenzy. Peculiar thing about going into over drive it feel like your brain gives up and opens all the door to your knowledge luckily for me I wasn’t that smart so not much knowledge was let out but distant memories of the past overflowed me maps pictures people friends schools and kinder gardens old toys. I could faintly hear Diana’s high pitched scream and Andys muffled voice calling my name but it was too late I was slipping into a slumber like state and it was pulling me in like a black whole.

One..two..dreams…breath..life…death..difference..friendship..friendship..friendship. What is the big deal with friendship anyway at some point these people will abandon us like a yesterdays toy after all we cant make our friends die for us, we die alone. Wait IM not  dead.

 The annoying machine that was attached to me woke me up ..beep..beep

My blurry vision cleared after about 30 seconds and I could see the nauseating green room I was in…was I alone. Oh great I wake up and alone …no friends or family thanks guys I feel real loved. I was starting to get worked up about it until I felt pressure on my knees I look up only to see Andy and Diana sleeping on chairs and a faint tune from red hot chili peppers coming out of hot pink earphones that Diana shared with Andy. My mom fell asleep on the chair beside the bed.

“Mom?” I said uneasy

my mother who was a woman of a small complexion and of distinct hearing, was awake in a heart beat. And so came the avalanche of concerned phrases and questions.

                               

“Are you alright? How did this happen? Do you starve yourself ? You know you should look after your self more ! I told you , you were pushing yourself!” she said all of this in one breathe as I wondered how she managed it since she smokes and what was going in her mind , what was actually going in her mind maybe a couple of wheels and line of ideas being processed into mom material.

“Mom its alright” I reassured her, although even I wasn’t fully convinced.

“What did the doctors say ? what happened ?” I asked not sure I wanted the answer.

“Well um they don’t know” she said “ They sai..”

“AM I GOING TO DIE !I AM ARNT IAND YOU JUST DON’T WANT TO TELL ME”  I interrupted feeling the burning sensation of panic rising up in the pits of my stomach.

I was starting to think of a whole plan of things to do before I die see this movie make mtv film me kiss a boy have sex smoke ,smoke weed , get wasted and laugh go out of this world happy. My though were cut of by my mothers words which put me at rest.

 

“Its not deadly honey , its probably an eating disorder “ she said

That’s when I first heard it , that’s when it all began, but ill get to that later, you see the cinema probably didn’t really trigger anything but I like to start with it since a hospital bed isn’t really poetic In my opinion.

I first saw waves on the ceiling which later turned into the night sky and stars I saw planets. I thought I was high of the medicine so I didn’t give it any notice. That is until I told my mother. My father  you see hasn’t participated much in the story that is because my dad cant handle any issues calmly and through out the story I will always be in need of clamity as you can predict my father was simply forbidden to see me in case of any “instabilities” that could trigger of my vision.

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Paulinam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on July 2, 2011
Last Updated on July 2, 2011

Author

Paulinam
Paulinam

Moscow, Russia



About
Well i guess all that is need to be said is that i like to write...a lot :P more..

Writing
We were young We were young

A Story by Paulinam


First Kiss First Kiss

A Story by Paulinam


Waltz Waltz

A Story by Paulinam