Little Creatures

Little Creatures

A Story by Alira
"

Something tiny and pointless I wrote as an assigned exercise.

"
There was a pink one, a green one, a red one, and a purple one. They had skinny bodies and long limbs. Their eyes were beady and dark, but within those eyes held stretches and stretches of answers that nobody wanted. Their reptilian faces poked into a well that was filled with souls; the green one, who wanted so badly to be the leader, spoke up first.
“It’s filthy down there,” he hissed. “We shall not settle for it.”
The red one laughed at him. She said, “What does it matter where we store the bodies? Why should they be comfortable?”
The green one responded, firmly, “Won’t the souls possess the bodies? Then they’ll come crawling out!”
“It is impossible for that to happen,” the red one declared with the utmost confidence. “Corpses make for horrible vessels and they’d never be able to move.”
“Are their souls trapped in the well too?” the pink one, a child, asked timidly.
“No,” the purple one assured him. “We swallowed their souls whole. They’ll never exist again.”

© 2023 Alira


Author's Note

Alira
This is just a small thing I scribbled down. Still, as always, feel free to comment but be respectful. Constructive criticism is always welcome. I’ll be posting more soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on April 22, 2023
Last Updated on April 22, 2023
Tags: Creatures, literary exercise, monsters, short

Author

Alira
Alira

About
Hello, my name is Alira. I am a young writer who is majoring in creative writing at SUNY Purchase; I write anything from poems, to short stories, to scripts, to novel chapters (I’m currently wor.. more..

Writing