Lamazee and Sean

Lamazee and Sean

A Story by Adam
"

First story I wrote, supposed to result in series. As usual life got in my way. Still would love to get this off the ground.

"

“Wow, what a trip!” said Sean as he looked around his room and spotted the stuffed animal that had just taken him on an unbelievable adventure. But then he wondered how he would be able to tell his parents about this!


That was the third time the alarm clock went off and the fourth time Sean hit the snooze button. It was a good thing it was Saturday morning, or he would have his mom or dad knocking on the door trying to wake him up.

Finally, he got up! Jumping out of bed, Sean ran out of his bedroom in whatever he was wearing, not noticing the huge, still fresh, grass stain on his pant legs. How do you explain something that even you don’t understand yourself?


He’d worry about that later. First thing first: cartoons and breakfast.

His dad was usually the first one downstairs, because he takes the dog out for a walk She is a cute little dog, named Kaylee that his family had had for several years.


Sean’s mom was in the kitchen making breakfast, pancakes or something like that. “Sean, what was going in your bedroom last night?”, Sean’s dad mouthed the words as Sean was saying, “Nothing, dad!”


Sean knew his dad wasn’t going to buy this, but he really didn’t know what else to say. ”Ok, than why you don’t come in for breakfast, that cartoon is a repeat anyway!


Sean’s dad knew all of the cartoons that he watched.


“I’ll be right in I left something upstairs,” Sean replied as he raced upstairs to his bedroom! While upstairs he threw on a pair of shorts and grabbed that stuffed animal - Lamazee that took him on that trip last night. Lamazee was a stuffed animal that Sean had had since he was s a baby, but he wasn’t ready to give it to his brother just quite yet.

Breakfast was French toast, from the hallah that they had for dinner the night before. Sean’s brother Matthew was already sitting and eating.

“Ok, kiddo, spill it.” Said Dad! (As Sean’s mom was still putting out the food, and glaring at him). He knew he was going to have to explain all the noise from last night. So he said: “I couldn’t sleep, so I guess I was playing my video game too loud.” Sean’s dad just looked at him, with the look that says I don’t believe it but we’ll leave it alone. For now! His mom wasn’t so sure, but she figured they would find out what really happened later. Breakfast continued with talk about their plans for the day and ideas for dinner that night.


“We need to get to the mall today; you are running out of clothes for school and believe it or not I want clothes for myself.” Mom said. His mom wanted to get moving and knew that his dad would find out happened.

Later at the mall, which was full of people because of Labor Day weekend, Sean and his dad got some pizza in the food court. Finally, Sean finally felt comfortable enough to tell his dad what happened last night.

“Sean, you know that I usually believe you, but this is a little much.”


“I know that it’s hard to believe.” Sean didn’t know if his dad had more trouble with it happening last night, or would have more trouble having to explain that it happened on other nights, seems that this was not the only time that Sean had experienced this special trip.


“But I’m telling you the noise you heard last night was me leaving and returning through the window…with Lamazee.” He looked at his dad waiting for some sign that maybe he would believe him.

His dad continued: “So, you’re fast asleep, and you feel something licking your feet.”


“Right, but I figured it was Kaylee, so I ignored it.”


“But it continued, and you suddenly popped up your head ready to yell at her to stop, when you ultimately realized what it actually was.”


Here it comes, thought Sean. He realized that this next part was really beginning to sound crazy.


Dad continued: “So, you looked and saw that it wasn’t Kaylee, but it was what looked like your stuffed animal, Lamazee.”


At this point Sean realized how ridiculous this all sounded, but it was only beginning.


They walked around the store for a while; Sean’s dad picked a few t-shirts and another jersey for himself and mom.

They all met a little later at the mall’s play yard. They sat down on one of the benches to eat the ice cream his mom had gotten. He knew that his dad wanted to hear the rest; but he knew though that the more he told the more it was sounding like something out of a science fiction movie.


Later that afternoon they both took Kaylee for a walk around the neighborhood. This gave Sean a perfect opportunity to keep telling his story.


“All right, continue from when you realize it was Lamazee.” Sean’s dad just jumped right to it. He seemed anxious to hear the rest of this fantastic story.


“Ok, so I’m looking at Lamazee, and suddenly like a shot, he rears up and jumps into the bed.”


That explained some of the initial banging, that you heard from my room

“He bends down and starts to nudge me, with his nose, just like a horse. I soon figured out that he wanted me to get on his back.”


“So like any curious and excited boy whose stuffed animal had just jumped on the bed and started to nudge him with his nose, I did. Up I went onto Lamazee’s back.

He didn’t feel like he was stuffed, he was solid, like a real animal, and almost before I got settled on his back, like a shot, out the window we flew! I wasn't nervous, just cold, so Lamazee wrapped some of his deep fur around me to keep me warm. The speed we were going made it hard to see, but I knew that at any point we would approach and pass light speed.


“So, you're cruising at light speed in the middle of the night, barely dressed and still have no idea where you're going?”


From this point on, the story just kept getting stranger.


“After what seemed a long time, but I soon learned really wasn't, we stopped dead on the ground, as if we hit a brick wall. Lamazee reared up and let me slide off his back, it took me some time but I got acclimated to the air and what felt like dew. Lamazee, with his head signaled me to walk around, which I did, slowly. I looked around, and it became real clear to me, that we weren’t anywhere near our home and I even wandered if we were still in my own time!


“That sounds pretty scary.” Dad offered, he wasn't kidding.

“Lamazee was walking close to me, it seemed like he was making sure that I either didn't wander too far.”


“We continued walking, I was looking around, and the place seemed familiar, yet strange at the same time. There were beautiful trees, greener than anything that I've seen before. Fruit was growing on those trees, the types that you wouldn't find growing in the same area. Than I saw the most, or what I thought the most, unbelievable thing, animals that would normally be chasing each other or running away, were down at one of the three rivers, drinking together. Oh, yeah I forgot the two rivers that met in this what seemed like the perfect place. Now I realized where we were. The Garden of Eden!


Lamazee looked down at me, and I think he realized what I was thinking and seemed to nod. I actually think I saw some dinosaurs off in the distance, but by now nothing would surprise me, until I saw two people off in the distance. That would have to wait.

His dad had been quiet the whole time he was rambling on. By this time, it was close to dinner, and than bedtime. Sean still had a ton more to tell his dad,


After the bath, Sean decided that it was time to finish the story.

“So there I am in the middle of the Garden of Eden, thinking it can’t get any weirder when it does”. Then I saw them walking out from the woods, holding each other’s hands and still looking as amazed at their surroundings as I was. I stood their motionless realizing that I had to be the first person to lay eyes on Adam and Eve.”





The next day would bring more of the story, each detail seeming more fantastic than the last. As Sean was relaying this story he kept a close eye on his father, for any sign that maybe just maybe his dad thought that the whole thing was ridiculous. That never happened.

“So there I am standing face to face with the ancestors of the whole human race.” Sean was now speaking with more excitement now. He finally understood the importance of this gift.

“They of course are not anything that I expected; the books don’t describe what they look like. Only that Adam is formed from the dust the Earth and Eve from his rib. Looking closer Adam’s skin is colorful, which would make sense since he was created from all over the world... Eve looked very similar to Adam.”

His father was staring wide eyed at him, waiting for the next piece of the story. Did he talk to them? Did he see any more of the Garden? What was Lamazee doing? He had taught and had worked in synagogues most of his life, but never did he imagine his own son would actually meet the people in these stories.

“So yes we did talk” Sean had anticipated the question. It wasn’t like you and me talking, it was more through our minds. Although I obviously didn’t understand through my ears what they were saying, I was able to understand through their thoughts. They also could understand me.”

“Our ‘conversation’ continued for what seemed all day. We walked around the Garden. It was absolutely beautiful. Everything was still green, flowers blooming everywhere. It was if it had just been created a week ago. This walk continued until Lamazee signaled that it was time to go. Adam and Eve had one final thought for me. They were commanded to ‘be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, and the fowl of the heavens, and all living things that crawl upon the earth’ (Genesis 1:28). They continued to explain that the intention was not to destroy but to take care of the creatures of the earth. We are formed from the earth so we are forever connected to it. With that I jumped back onto Lamazee and waved goodbye.”


“So that’s it?” Sean’s dad asked with a look of total amazement and disbelief on his face.


“Yeah, I got the feeling that I was brought there to spread the message that we need to take care of the earth and the creatures that live on it, that there is a connection between all living things.


“We have been trying to spread that message for a long time, what makes you think that you can do it yourself?” Sean’s dad was not implying the impossibility of the task, just trying to wrap his brain around his son alerting the world that it must clean itself up. All of this while still remaining his child self.


“So that is the story. Not sure of my next step” Sean was at this point looking like the lost child that his dad remembered.

“What do you think I should do first?” This was a loaded question of course. Just in the last few years several movies by very prominent people were released detailing the world’s ailments and what we should do help. These movies came out with much fanfare but then as always the critics panned them and the excitement wore off. So here was this precocious 12 year old, thinking that he could actually make a difference.


“For starters you have an information issue.” Sean’s dad began what he hoped would be his wise advice. You cannot just tell people that you met Adam and Eve and they told you to protect the world.” This of course was obvious to Sean, but how to relay the information?



“We live in an information and global age.” Sean’s dad was continued.

“We probably receive more information every minute than I received in a week when I was your age.” Ahh the good old days.

“The easiest thing to do is use the tools that you already have; you have every social network known to man, and access to hours upon hours of video. “

Sean was listening intently, he of course had already thought about this, but hoping that his dad would present the same idea.

“I got that, but that is boring.” Sean was getting frustrated. He did not want to make the same mistakes others had before him.

“There has to be a hook, or no one is going to care or pay attention.”

“Reenact it.” Sean’s dad just said, as if that was so easy.

“”You have the computer skills and the friends to help. If you can take people on your trip than maybe they might listen.”


Well that was it. Sean had a plan and he got to work. He called his friends and they began the process of reenacting Sean’s wondrous adventure to the Garden of Eden, but in such a way that viewers would actually believe it. It took almost a year to complete, but it was released on every social networking and video site on the internet. It met with the usual cast of doubters but this time the positive feeling lasted longer than usual, as more people wanted to make the changes necessary. Even areas that never take part in environmental changes were on board. It did seem like the message was finally getting through. That Adam and Eve had actually spoken to them through this young boy.


A year later, Sean was transported back to the Garden,again met with Adam and Eve, and this time they had big smiles on their faces. They indicated that they knew what was going on in the future and they thanked Sean for his hard work. They also had some other news for Sean. Out from behind a tree Sean saw an old man. Next to him was a pair of animals. Sean gasped, now realizing what his next adventure was going to entail.



















© 2012 Adam


Author's Note

Adam
I know more is needed to make this publishable, enjoy it for what it is, my attempt at a way "fix" what ails us.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing imagery and detail. i enjoyed the read.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on October 17, 2012
Last Updated on October 17, 2012
Tags: children's, Bibilcal, thughtful, non-religious

Author

Adam
Adam

Sarasota, FL



About
Just a guy divorced a year, my children live with their mom. I always try to look on the bright side of life (see "Life of Brian", last scene). Recent events though have put a me thoughts in a diffe.. more..