Can't move

Can't move

A Story by kenya smith

I'm waiting for you to get ready for bed while you're on the laptop, probably watching YouTube videos or on your social media sites. Yawning while trying to keep your dreary open, stretching a long tiring stretch. You finally call it a night and head your tired body to bed.
I crept out of the closet and stood there to watch you sleep and dream your dreams.  So peaceful and innocent you are as you fall deeper and deeper into slumber. Each time you go to a deeper sleep, I just move closer to you, as quietly as I can. 
I'm standing over you now. I can hear your breathing getting shallower and quieter. Are you dreaming of falling off a tall building and hitting the ground, paralyzing yourself? Great, now I've got you in my grasp. Don't struggle now, it is just going to make everything worse. 
Your breathing is suddenly fast as you try to wake up. You want to scream but you can't. The only thing you can do is breath and panic. Cold sweat is starting to form on your forehead while still struggling to wake up. Oh, what's that now? You're waking up. You look around your room, wondering what the hell just happened.  You're shivering from the cold sweat along with your heart pumping as fast as it could. 
You tell yourself that you're safe. But, are you? Safe from my grasp? Safe from me pinning you down to where you can't move or scream? No! You will never be safe. I will be watching you till your very last days. 

© 2017 kenya smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on March 1, 2017
Last Updated on March 1, 2017
Tags: Sleep paralysis, sleep

Author

kenya smith
kenya smith

Prairieville, LA



About
Hello, I'm Kenya smith and I write horror stories. I've been writing since I was in middle school. Before horror, I would write teen drama. Until, i found out that horror was my true calling. I starte.. more..

Writing