I come as I am.

I come as I am.

A Poem by Arun Paul Kapur
"

This is who I am . No point of changing for the sake of acceptance.

"
THIS IS WHO I WAS.
THIS IS WHO I AM.
THIS IS WHO I WILL BE.
We all fall under this hypnosis, trapped in the spider's web.
We become so lost within every vision we see, that we are forever stuck in this spiral. Grey clouds continue to form, til eventually we are left helpless and unable to defend ourselves from the rain.
I shall not take anyone's side in sake of being accepted. I would rather go out holding my head held high knowing I am me, rather than succumb to your pitiful ways.
Treat us as almost we do not have any meaning anymore, like we are totally pointless.
This internal struggle we are all born with, we begin the question everything.
We plead for the wishbone at every corner, but that is not who you are.
Do not accept the wishbone, just so those around with take you in as a lie.
Time to grow a backbone, it's time we stood tall.
It's time you learnt, it's time you understood life does not owe us anything.
We owe life everything.
Without life, we are not given emotion.
We are not given the chance to love.
The chance to feel pain, the chance to grow, the chance to show the world what we are capable off.
Acceptance of the wishbone, is practically death of one's self identity.
For you will never be true to yourself, so therefore you no longer exist.
You have merely been replaced by a clone of the person you gave into.
It's beginning to turn into a virus and continues to spread.
Be you, be true.

© 2012 Arun Paul Kapur


Author's Note

Arun Paul Kapur
Ignore grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this. Great job! I don't look for grammar much either. Yes, it's just BEST being ourselves. Being other than what we are is so boring, and while ourselves is so much more exciting and fun (As long as we treat other kindly as we would want to be treated ourselves).

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bravo, you write so well, the perfect turning circle of life, and the bad points of turning actually in circles... When someones writes like this, I don't even look for grammar problems, because it came out the heart. Thank you.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012

Author

Arun Paul Kapur
Arun Paul Kapur

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Intriguied by life's wonders and open minded to what the world has to offer. Very passionate about what I believe in and willing to always learn new stuff about life and generally everything. There is.. more..

Writing