The Truth in Asphalt

The Truth in Asphalt

A Poem by Aramey

Nothing stings like hidden truths,
wandering from one to another side,
behind locked doors of forbidden room,
a wondering that no lie can soothe.

It's like being tied down,
while someone scrapes away at tender flesh,
and yet society passes not even slight of frown,
blanket covered screams, but no truth yet.

Then pour some lemon and salt,
why not, excuses are so easy to tell,
and truths so easily dissolved,
writhing in pain, inhale that burning flesh smell. 

Take comfort in the fact that they'll never know,
they'll never know if I tie them to hitch
and speed down the road,
as they grasp, and struggle, bouncing from ditch.

Go ahead and convince, 
there's nothing to fear,
go ahead, keep whispering,
that secrets aren't near.


© 2014 Aramey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Secrets, guilt, shame, and remorse, they will destroy us, no matter which side of them you are on. It's all bad. Very powerful descriptions of the pain. NEVER GIVE UP! Just like the secrets, HOPE is so near. Thanks for sharing. Great piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


When I first saw this and we talked briefly about it, you passed it off as something quick and simple yet I stopped you there to correct your misinterpretation of your own work as for off the cuff, all over with emotion and under the veil of uncertainty you can pen beautiful if not bittersweet works.

Again, since I know the cause of this catharsis I have a certain insight to it, but know this my kindred - the fact that you feel, the fact that this situation pains you shows you have heart and while it may not always be treated to the near perfection it deserves, you have and will continue to express yourself and love those most valued to you. This is but a road block, a temporary setback and ultimately something you will get past in the long term.

You have endured more than I can ever imagine and frankly I can't see even this truly bringing you down as you have a support structure in place that you can utilize any time, any day. That is not to say you can not handle things on your own but rather you know yourself and the council you seek to be one of trust and respect that goes both ways.

Take care of yourself and keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 23, 2014

Author

Aramey
Aramey

Pensacola, FL



About
I'm just like any other writer, striving to make a living. If I had a preference it would be novels. more..

Writing
Trifling Trifling

A Poem by Aramey