Lights

Lights

A Story by ATaekwondo
"

This is about a personal experience.

"
The light that shines upon our hearts, that light that brings us hope and comfort, that light we look up to when it seems hopeless, sometimes, doesn't last, and it becomes dark. This is what it feels like when we love something and we lose it, we see it as a light, something that brings us back to shore when we are lost. But sometimes, we make that light go away, sometimes we spend too much time lost, too long ignoring the light, because we know it's there, it comforts us, but that light becomes dimmer, and further as time goes by without us realizing. Sometimes it's our words, sometimes it's our actions. The truth is, if you don't feed the light, it will vanish, and all your hopes, your happiness and your strength with it. 
You wonder around hopeless, trying to light it back, trying to figure out why. But you know the answer, and that's what scares you the most, because no matter how much coal you put back, how much fuel you burn, that light just simply won't light up again. But sometimes, there are the smallest chances that the light might turn back on in the future.
Have you ever been in love with someone so deeply, that they become a part of you, without them, there's no you, your personality blends with theirs, and when that's all gone you feel like you don't know yourself anymore. That's exactly how it felt, how it feels, and probably how it will always feel. The hardest thing I have ever had to do? Make that light shine darkness upon me, disregarding how I ever felt, just so that light could shine brighter somewhere else. But that light will never see the reason, it will never be able to understand.

© 2019 ATaekwondo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on March 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2019
Tags: #Love, #BrokenHeart, #Strenght

Author

ATaekwondo
ATaekwondo

London, Seven Sister, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing