The Dream - "The Road"

The Dream - "The Road"

A Story by ATaekwondo
"

I will Write a collection of stories - The Dream- 1st edition "The road"

"
   I knew it would be the end once I crossed the road; the fear crept up my veins the moment I stopped to look to my right.
  It was cold that night; a shadow was there staring at me with a malefic smile on its face, I started to feel colder and colder. The tall shadow held a shiny object in his left hand - blood was dripping down its wrist. Everything went black.
  Myths say that a person died of stabbing 30 years ago on that same road and its spirit has been haunting the road ever since. No-one knows why he was killed...
 
  I was in the hospital, I wasn't wounded or injured, I don't know what happened so I decided to ask the Doctor... "S... s.... sir? W... wha... what happened to me?" The doctor looked at me with a cold look on his face, I knew he was scared of something, and he turned around and he said - "You didn't get stabbed, what you saw there, it was the spirit of the man who was murdered 30 years ago...", my heart was racing, I felt scared, I had no Idea what was going on. "So that means that I will not die? That is good right?" - the doctor smiles and he opens his mouths to speak but he didn't, he turned around sit on the chair and said - "Son, many people along the past years have been haunted by that spirit, many of them end with suicide, others..." other? What was coming next? what is he going to say next? what happened with the others? - "The others... they were killed in this same hospital in the same bed you are lying now, for unknown reasons".
That was it, I was going to die, everyone who was attacked by that spirit ended up... in the grave. There was no going back, my conscience was troubling, what am I going to do?
The Doctor slowly, stands up, opens the door and walks away, and before he closes the door, he said softly - "I am sorry, such young man, dying in a such horrible way". The door shuts and slowly I was unable to hear his foot steps, I said to myself - "I will not let myself die in this bed!". Although, I knew that would be impossible, no person as ever survived. I stand up and look out the window, the road was quiet, it wasn't cold anymore, I looked at the paper in the table, and there was written: "Days spent in the hospital 5, cause of coma: Unknown, diseases: No, Health problems: 0, Time of life left: 5 days 12h...", I didn't read the rest, I felt petrified, terrified, horrified, that was it, the end.... That was the end, I sit on the bed and I close my eyes, when I opened them it was dark, so I thought - "Am I dead? what is this?" so a voice whispers my hears "Peter.... Peter.... wake up... wake up!" the voice turn louder and louder "come on! Don't you die on me! PETER!!". I open my eyes and a burning bright light hit my face, I was in my bed, my wife was in my side, and she said to me with a smile in her face "It was just a dream honey, don't need to worry".

© 2011 ATaekwondo


Author's Note

ATaekwondo
This was my first time writing this kind of stories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey, very intense story, gripping :) I like the opening line, though it makes more sense if he looks to the right for a reason e.g if he looked before crossing the road so he'd be checking for cars. The story so far is quite unique I like it.

I have notices a few other things though: a shadow is flat and has no colour (is black) so it wouldn't be able to hold a "shiny object" or have 'blood dripping" from it's wrist.
In the last paragraph "the doctor slowly stands up" - don't forget the tense you are writing in - this is present, you were writing from past tense.

Hope you find these tips useful :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey, very intense story, gripping :) I like the opening line, though it makes more sense if he looks to the right for a reason e.g if he looked before crossing the road so he'd be checking for cars. The story so far is quite unique I like it.

I have notices a few other things though: a shadow is flat and has no colour (is black) so it wouldn't be able to hold a "shiny object" or have 'blood dripping" from it's wrist.
In the last paragraph "the doctor slowly stands up" - don't forget the tense you are writing in - this is present, you were writing from past tense.

Hope you find these tips useful :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thankyou, I really enjoyed that! It was very good. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked the creativeness throughout the whole story. It was very nice and I loved it very much. :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you Blake, I really appreciate :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Once again, very creative. All you need to work on is grammar. I did not find any misspellings, so great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on March 1, 2011

Author

ATaekwondo
ATaekwondo

London, Seven Sister, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing