The One You'll Never Be.

The One You'll Never Be.

A Story by Luna
"

Just a lesson I recently learned.

"
"You were never what I wanted. You can never BE what I want; it isn't in you, you aren't capable of it. And all this time, the potential I thought I saw in you, were my own hopes and desires for you to grow as a person. It was the unquenchable thirst for you to be that someone I COULD really have wanted. If you--at one point--seemed radiant to me, it was only because the light of my longing, the void that had been there so long, blinded my eyes. I wanted so very desperately for you to give breath to the dream. To sweep the jaded shards of old bitterness embedded in me away like free flowing dust. And every word, every sigh, every kind gesture or moment of feigned intimacy that we shared I twisted into something that wasn't real. It was only an attempt at placing you into a mold you can never fit in. I'm sorry for that, and that I even tried. Blood cannot be sapped from a stone, and so too, a person cannot be what they were never meant to be. Somethings are impossible that way. I realize that now. But it took me finding out the hard way, to know it."

© 2020 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Someone once told me that there is nothing uglier than vague regret. I thought of this for a while and came to the conclusion that, while that is true, regret of the vivid sort is most ugly. This manifests itself clearly in your piece. Heartfelt.

P.S
You probably could do away with the comma after "me" in this sentence: To sweep away the jaded shards of old bitterness in me away like free falling dust.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Short simple and interesting, thanks for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 24, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2020
Tags: hope, regret, relationships, mistakes, Love, loss

Author

Luna
Luna

The 12th Circle, FL



About
What can be said about me? You know, I find this whole "about me" section completely vain and useless. On the other hand... I suppose I could selectively ignore the "about me" label and say .. more..

Writing
Liar. Liar.

A Poem by Luna