His Dark Dream of You

His Dark Dream of You

A Story by Jim_F
"

Women are the targeted audience in this short horror story. But all should be able to have fun and enjoy the read.

"

The ragged man stands in front of his mirror

Reads the Label on the corner:

(Objects seen may be darker than they appear)

He then looks at himself and into his own brown eyes of lust and passion.

The intent that his eyes show couldn't be clearer

The reflection returns a scarred, unkempt and unshaven face.

He says to himself with subtle thoughts coming from his mouth.

Awkward words tumble out as he stutters and tries to keep pace.


This time....I'm not missing out....You are...delightful......You are....out of sight so...Stop making me nervous.....The approach...is too frightful.”


He put you on a pedestal.

His flower, his choice of drink.

He put you too high, though.

You are his new found fun, his temptation and festival.

He's sitting on his torn and stained living room chair watching TV.

Boredom takes over so, he stops to think.


A sight greater than..sights wow!....You are exciting...but, your true face....is..hidden....I have you standing....well over the lights now.”


This is so crazy.

There is no cure.

Almost too frightening.

She doesn't even know him.

His thoughts are like storms riddled with lightning.

Daydreams come out unsettled, disturbing and impure.


You are a beauty......a..cutie.....a gem in the...rough........I need you,......it's true....Won't you be my.....wife?.......I am coming,......now I'm running.........Time to destroy my life......I can't wait any longer....This is....too much.......I've had enough!”


Another thunder crash, a fire.

His mental forest burns.

He stalked her. He knows the address.

It doesn't matter how hard he fights his urges.

He yearns.


The colored house with the single door, a garage and a single car.

She steps out, gets the mail and walks into her home.

There is only one car, she is all alone.

He can't stand it, he can't take it any more.

She's by herself, he wants to have his way.

Like the dreams he has when he lets his twisted imagination soar.


He doesn't talk.

The madman slows.

His run turns to a walk.

thinking his thoughts.

He goes to the door.

He pushes himself inside the house after she responds to the doorbell, the tapping and knocks.

She's frightened.

She screams!


He's smiling.

Then cursing, as he wakes from his dreams.

Walking to the bathroom and taking a leak, he is still intrigued by his dream of deception.

His curiosity has peaked.

Stopping after washing his hands he looks into the mirror.

Pausing he notices his own deceptively not so dark reflection.

He's awake and like in his dreams his path couldn't be made clearer.

He says to himself with a twisted and sadistic grin.


I'm coming..my.....darling.....My..butterfly....My...dear...We have met once before.....Today we meet...again.”

© 2016 Jim_F


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this with interest, having noted "the targeted audience." For what you have written, you have done a good job of creating the picture of a somewhat unbalanced fellow. However, I think that the piece needs to be expanded since my suspicion is that you meant it to be frightening (and we all have fun being somewhat scared). However, for me there wasn't enough of a lead-up to be frightened. Maybe he needs to spy on the neighbor more and let the reader know, perhaps he steals her underwear from the clothesline or something creepy like that -- he goes and smells her doorknob! Whatever, more lead up and I think the ending will have greater impact.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I read this with interest, having noted "the targeted audience." For what you have written, you have done a good job of creating the picture of a somewhat unbalanced fellow. However, I think that the piece needs to be expanded since my suspicion is that you meant it to be frightening (and we all have fun being somewhat scared). However, for me there wasn't enough of a lead-up to be frightened. Maybe he needs to spy on the neighbor more and let the reader know, perhaps he steals her underwear from the clothesline or something creepy like that -- he goes and smells her doorknob! Whatever, more lead up and I think the ending will have greater impact.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016

Author

Jim_F
Jim_F

Bloomington, MN



About
As wise as the man standing tall on the sky rise. A smile. He doesn't fall, he flies. All of a sudden there's a stop, a crash, he dies......What a Twist...... (Hint to the general populous: You do.. more..

Writing