Forbidden Fruits

Forbidden Fruits

A Poem by Aarontastic

What is sin to innocents?
Well, nothing one can't elide--
a profane taste of forbidden fruits,
denied us by caprice,
or else divine scorn;
or maybe by convention...
But once that curtain's cast aside,
and we head down the primrose path,
does it truly corrupt the soul?
Would even that loss be mourned?
We all do that which we dare not mention,
or will do it,
or will imagine doing it;
at first it's a blissful secret,
a smattering of whispers through lips sealed,
but temptation yielded to too often,
will witness original sin congealed,
and the vexing question will be put to us:
was it worth it?

© 2012 Aarontastic


Author's Note

Aarontastic
'Primrose path' is Wilde's phrase, I'm just borrowing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think... The reason why there aren't any reviews on this, but many views, is because it takes someone that accepts and realizes their mistakes to read and comment on it. This is very good. It opens minds. Sometimes I feel like very few people are able to open their minds. But... with your words, maybe some people will become better people in the world. Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

When asking questions in poetry, it provides a forum between the reader and the writer and I love how that is incorporated. The title suits what is unleashed, taking me back to the biblical story of Adam and Eve. It really does make you think. Thank you for making me think. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I liked this poem and your way of expressing your question and answer. The name of the poem was really attractive..over all I really loved this piece of work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write! I love when questioned are asked in poetry! It adds a very important dimention to writing.. and to get an answer that leads to another question!,... well that my friend is the journey of life!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this question and answers in your way :) the sin represents somhing much more than we could imagine...so what woul be the "forbidden fruit" ,if we can`t control our imagination, or just it`s no place for control...Oh and again question in the end?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think... The reason why there aren't any reviews on this, but many views, is because it takes someone that accepts and realizes their mistakes to read and comment on it. This is very good. It opens minds. Sometimes I feel like very few people are able to open their minds. But... with your words, maybe some people will become better people in the world. Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

545 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 5, 2012

Author

Aarontastic
Aarontastic

St. Paul, MN



About
My name's Aaron, or AJ if you prefer. I like all forms of art, but writing is what I'm best at so that's what I do. I am pursuing a "real" career after I graduate college, but my ultimate dream is to .. more..

Writing
Run Run

A Poem by Aarontastic