last day on planet

last day on planet

A Story by Abbas7
"

it a story of a boy who is living in future, he describes dramatic events that lead to doomsday

"
it was a clear sunny day as bright as it could be. we were sitting on our universities lawn under the sun but we had protection around our neighbourhood to protect us from UV rays from the sun as the ozone was depleted to its thinnest. the protection was made up of glass or acrylic compounds.
we were gossiping about daily chores when a friend of mine pointed toward the sky and with excitement, in his voice, he said "look there is an angel in the sky". when we looked up it was like a golden man sitting on a golden horse. we were amazed to see this. the bell rang and we went to our class on the 2nd floor of D block. our teacher told us that the sun is sending solar flares in space more intensely than ever he further told us that we are only saved by magnetic poles. All of our friends looked toward each other at the same time and in our mind, we thought that it wasn't an angel sitting on the horse they were solar flares making shadows from the clouds or satellites making it look like an angel. specialized capsules were launched from our universities basement to our towns to make sure we aren't harmed by environmental hazards, while on our way back home we had were told that some of the capsules were compromised and work was in progress to rebuild them we didn't pay any heed as it was a daily talk
The next day our first class was of local linguistics on the top floor of C block. there was a clear view of the Margalla hills they were not lush as they used to be but there were a few plants. I was watching the hills from the window when I saw the fire on the top of the hill where monal used to be and in no time the whole hills were under ablaze. it was quite a sight for students so of them had scene fire after ages as it was replaced by the thermal heating system. the whole hill station was on fire followed by fiery cyclones all the students rushed toward the terrace to see the spectacle. it was so dangerous at the same time it was so beautiful. in no time the university was on red alert with repeated warnings "covering compromised" everyone was in a haste. we say in front of our eyes the covering scattering just like a thin plastic film under lighter. we rushed toward the basement and we were given special suits to protect us from hazards. the fire was at last extinguished by authorities after 5 hours, but we had to walk in around body covering for at least a week it wasn't that bad, the future tech made it light as a feather.
Months flew by in an instant as if the days are getting shorter. we were in our 4th semester sitting in our class. it was a brighter morning than usual it was like a 1000V bulb in a 10/10 room. we went to the cafeteria which was on the top floor of B block we talking about the 2000 generation how they were so lucky to enjoy everything in their vicinity as we were talking we saw the birds flying from the west we looked outside and with a loud thud(ZAP) everything turned black as if someone has turned the sun button off it was pitch black as it could be. only street lights which were running on solar panels which went out after few hours, with no light coming from the sun the earth temperature fell to -5. everyone was so restless to go to their homes but it wasn't possible as the power ran out. without sun gravity earth was soaring into the space of the unknown. Nobody was left alive other than deep-sea creatures everything was covered in 30ft of ice temperature fell to near absolute zero as there was no source of heat.
My eyes opened it was still in my bed on the ground floor of my house in Islamabad. it was still 2021. I had a realization that before the end of the world I had to make sure I live my life to the fullest. 
I had to see nature in its true form without any coverings or boundaries without the fear of flares and without the fear of dying

© 2021 Abbas7


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on December 6, 2021
Last Updated on December 6, 2021

Author

Abbas7
Abbas7

islamabad, islamabad, Pakistan



About
I am a high school graduate who loves to read and write more..

Writing