My Favorite Place!

My Favorite Place!

A Story by Abbie Batchelder- Jackson
"

This was a writing assignment in my humanities class, my teacher thought it was very good. I think that it's is just okay, any comments?

"
I don't have a favorite place, if i had to choose it would be my work. I work at a daycare and i love it! My favorite thing is when i am feeding Ava or Tj, both six months, and they hold onto my finger with a tight grip and as they fall asleep their grip slowly loosens. Leaving their hand to descend through the air landing in the nook of my arm. The steady movement from bottle to pacifier, as quickly and calmly as possible. Then the rapid sucking until the drift back into a deep slumber. Moaning occasionally trying to tell the world of their perfect dream world. Tj can never stay asleep so he abruptly wakes and before eh realizes he is awake, smoothly singing him back into a deeper slumber than ever before. The hardest part in all of this is standing up, as slowly and with a steady pulsing rytheme. The steady foot steps lead us into the back room, finally the last thing. Placing the innocent infant into their crib. Slowly letting your arms fall to the mat in the crib and as sweetly and calmly letting their head touch the mat. They sleep and dream and everything is peaceful, for now. 

© 2013 Abbie Batchelder- Jackson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story on nursing the kids at work.
New topic essential for life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful, the detail is fantastic

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013

Author

Abbie Batchelder- Jackson
Abbie Batchelder- Jackson

Colchester, VT



About
I am 15 and have always loved to write. I am a little harsh on my own writing so I thought I would get some feed back. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..