Truth About Happiness.

Truth About Happiness.

A Poem by Abeer Tarek


"I crave happiness like lovers crave hugs. I feel torn, both physically and emotionally, I am no longer tolerant, no longer tolerant to pain and no longer tolerant to tears. Goosebumps fill my skin, I have no idea why but they are annoying me, they are making me feel weak.

When I close my eyes I see hatred and despair, I see worlds shattering, stars exploding, and eyes crying. I can see my own heart in pain, I can see pain like I see bruises, I can feel air draining out from my lungs and it's burning like acid, it is inevitable and brutal, and it is scaring the s**t out of me.

It's that sudden dizziness you get, it's that one sole moment that you feel and you know that everything fell apart, that the world is a vase that your mind destroyed in an instant, you try to fix it, you try your best and your hardest to tape it back to perfection but perfection never even existed once to exist twice.

We were all born to seek one thing and that one thing is happiness, that one thing is to sleep without over-thinking, without panicking, without breaking and without pain. We seek lies made by our mind, we pretend we're happy and we believe ourselves but we're not, we are in immense pain but our universes ignore it to live.

I smile through tears like light passes through broken glass, it is beautiful, God it is so beautiful. It might be fake, it might be broken but even faking it is a proof of strength, a proof of willpower and a proof of living.

The words that I'm writing are blurred because of tears, but my pain was never as blurred and that is what's eating my soul."

© 2016 Abeer Tarek


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

افكار راءعة لكن تكرار الكلمات اكثر من اللا�™م,احسنت

Posted 6 Years Ago


there will always be those parasitic entities which are mostly man made but given validation and consequent power over a mind at least from time to time I tend to avoid what one comes to discover is simply part of the grand loom upon which we all must walk. I turn to the natural world and it is a tonic warding off what ails us all...one can articulate for clarity for the less enlightened and deliberately ignorant or move beyond what is bleeding in it's obviousness...for pain accumulates... and life has more profound and occasionally joyful a story to relate before a biological universe collapses in upon itself...I enjoyed the visceral feel and intense passion inside this write. It kept me keen to continue reading and without my singing one more praise, these factors alone make this a successful piece. I look forward to reading more of your art

Posted 7 Years Ago


Abeer Tarek

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your beautiful review it means the world, have a good day :) :)
alan peter kelly

7 Years Ago

You too Abeer...you're welcome.
very nice work my friend !!
The words that I'm writing are blurred because of tears, but my pain was never as blurred and that is what's eating my soul."
i can see deep feelings in this line .it comes from deep inside your heart

Posted 7 Years Ago


"you try your best and your hardest to tape it back to perfection but perfection never even existed once to exist twice."
I am of the same notion as this line - perfection is unreachable - so live fully, make mistakes - pick yourself up and trudge forwards. Life/love is a road heckled in potholes, thorns, rubble and detours - but the straight road to your destination is the quickest way there.
The detours, flat tyres are what build character, strength and in eventuality build appreciation for any stretch of tarmac you experience ahead.

This piece is very deep.
Thanks for sharing!
~M.Babu~

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2016
Last Updated on March 20, 2016
Tags: poetry, pain, life, love, despair, happiness, strength, truth

Author

Abeer Tarek
Abeer Tarek

Cairo, New Cairo, Egypt



About
I am a seventeen year old poet/writer, I have been writing since a very long time and this is what I enjoy the most, I am a non-native English speaker yet I enjoy writing in English more than my own l.. more..

Writing