Shadows

Shadows

A Story by The Tabby Kitteh
"

"I hadn't meant to hurt my BFF, but when the 'beast' takes over it can make you do horrid things. I never wanted to mutilate my BFF, but I had unfortunatly done just that."

"

Shadows

 

 

If I flat out told you what I am you'd probably run far, far away. Either that or worse you'd believe me straight away, and beg me to make you like me. Either way I am what I am. Trust me when I say that some things never change, and this is one thing I really wish I could change. Yet, I never can no matter how hard I try. Since by now you are most likely wondering what in the world I am, I shall tell you. I, my dear scrumptious prey, am a creature believed to be myth and legend. I am a vampire.

 

Today is the anniversary of my soul's death. Okay, maybe my soul never actually died, but that fact doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Trust me that the fact that I am now a Vampire will never change until the day I perish and fade from this world. I, Hope Huston, prowl the night skies in my batty form. I thirst for blood, and I'll do anything imaginable to get it. Tonight was no exception at all to this undeniable fact, but the truth is when you hurt those you love you begin to hate yourself more than you already had.

I hadn't meant to kill my best friend who I haven't seen in over five years, but when the beast takes over it can make you do ghastly things including killing your best friend. When the beast hits it takes over your body and mind, little by little, and eventually you are a sock puppet to both the thirst and the need. Like I said, I had never wanted to mutilate my best friend, but I had done just that.

 

Night covered the land like a deep purple carpet of velvet. Tonight there was no moon, no stars, and a minimal amount of street lights, which was all the better to hide from my unsuspecting prey. The few bright city lights there were, however, seared my eyes as instinct drove me further and further into the shadows. As I continued slinking around past half forgotten alleyways, a sweet vegetable and honey scent wafted up my nostrils as dainty sounding footsteps crept ever so closer towards my way. I was in an abandoned hidden ally closest to her when I accidently stepped on a lowly twig.

 

"Hello, who's there?"

 

The person with the scent whimpered in utter fear and horror, and the persons tone was almost familiar. But as always I had no time to contemplate this as the beast began to take over. If I hadn't skipped feeding for two months straight, then I would have known who she was, and the beast would not have taken over. Nevertheless, in that abandoned ally, I went straight for her bare, silken, goddess blessed throat of pure relief.

I could hear her breath quicken in fear and absolute horror as I sauntered forward ever so closer preparing for the kill.

 

"NO! Get off of me! This is not the…"

 

Her feeble screams were cut off by a gurgle of blood as my pearly, white fangs sank deeper inside her exposed neck and drained her of her very life force. It wasn't until the sky began to shift towards the dawn hours, and the thirst was satiated �"if not erased- that I realized who it had been.

 

Now I must suffer the consequences of my actions. I eradicated my best friend. I have become the monster that the humans claim my kind to be. I have become a monster and a killer as well. I recall that once long ago, okay maybe five or so years ago that I like so many crazed Twilight fans today wanted to become a vampire and live forever. Now as I gaze upon the crimson life blood of my blond, blue-eyed friend's fading life force, I realized that it had been a stupid, masochistic wish instead. All I have left now is my memories, and my vile, monstrous soul. And, no, after what I had just done I most likely did not even have the dignity to have a soul either. Because of what I have become, I must warn you human to stay away from the shadows, and also to stop wishing you were like me. The shadows are not the kind hearted vampires you have most likely read about already. Nope, instead we are the monsters and killers of society. As always we shall remain hidden in the deepest darkest shadows of the long forsaken night.

© 2013 The Tabby Kitteh


Author's Note

The Tabby Kitteh
Good grammar? Does it have good spelling? Believable characters? Too dark? Not enough action? Or too much action? How about dialogue does it have too much, too little, and is it believable?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013
Tags: vampire, dark, gothic, short story, fiction, fantasy, supernatural, The Tabby Kitteh, Shadows

Author

The Tabby Kitteh
The Tabby Kitteh

Pittsburg, PA



About
Hello, you have stumbled across my profile page. Welcome. If you haven't already figured it out already...I used to be a Therian. I am also now 100% straight (I used to be bi-curious, and now I no lon.. more..

Writing