"I'm Fine, How are You?"

"I'm Fine, How are You?"

A Poem by CarolinWriter
"

I hope you all take the time to realize what "I'm fine, how are you?" really means.

"
"I'm fine, how are you?" Is thee most common response to carry a conversation but also to hide the fact that you're not 'fine'. Because saying "I'm good." will make people question you, "Oh really?! What was good about your day?" You can't think of something on your feet so you say, "I don't know it's just good." After that you and the person go about their day. You're not 'fine' are you? Not unless you count being bullied all your life till you don't know if you would call it bulling because everyone made fun of you at least one time in your life, you just think it's normal after all. Not unless you count that certain someone that is supposed to love you, hits you and hits you till that spot is red and you're hoping it would turn into a bruise so people would notice, but it doesn't... It turns into a target so that person knows where to strike next. Finally you call wolf but no one listens because you're just being a dramatic teenager. That person quiets you to what seems like the millionth time. For what seems like the billionth time you feel lonely, so, so lonely because no one can hear you scream. like a robot being programmer what to say when someone says a certain command you say, "I'm fine, how are you?"

© 2016 CarolinWriter


Author's Note

CarolinWriter
I hope you like this poem. It's very long so sorry about that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 10, 2016

Author

CarolinWriter
CarolinWriter

Ontario, Canada



About
Hello. I am CarolinWriter. I hope to use this site to get a lot of people's opinions about my poems, short stories, rap and/or songs, and hopefully soon to be books and/ or chapters. more..

Writing