Racer-X/Speed-Racer: Tentacles of Doubt

Racer-X/Speed-Racer: Tentacles of Doubt

A Story by Abishai100
"

The skilled and cool race-car driver Racer-X wants to guide his younger brother Speed-Racer to become a terrific professional race-car driver, but Speed exhibits dangerous signs of arrogance.

"
Racer-X was the ultimate cool-headed racer, a man who never entered any professional car-race and instead opted to race on the amateur circuit against a breed of drivers who were by nature daredevils. This sort of freelance racing developed in the cool Racer-X a terrific sense of self-control, humility, and raw skill. He was happy with his development as a racer and now wanted to guide his younger idealistic (if hotheaded) younger brother Speed-Racer to become a great professional race-car driver.

RACER-X: Inwant you to become a great professional race-car driver, Speed.
SPEED-RACER: Why can't I race alongside you on the amateur circuit, brother?
RACER-X: You can't take on some of those unruly daredevil racers I challenge.
SPEED-RACER: You don't think I'm cool enough to do it, do you, brother?
RACER-X: Speed, you have the potential to be a terrific professional racer!

Racer-X continued to train his younger brother Speed-Racer so he'd become a sure-headed professional race-car driver on the regular racing circuits. Meanwhile, Racer-X continued to race in the amateur circuits against the daredevil racers who gave him great experience dealing with pure anarchy. Racer-X wanted to make sure his little brother Speed wasn't idolized him and continued to develop his own sense of self-confidence in normal racing. Racer-X took his brother Speed to various tracks, training him to become a confident racer for fans who'd see him shine on TV.

Racer-X was excited to see his brother Speed-Racer perform very well in his first-ever professional race in California in the summer of 2020. Speed-Racer was outstanding in his first race, zooming past the other more seasoned professional racers with incredible confidence, and he drew the ire and envy of another professional racer named Rusty Tin who swore he'd drive Speed 'off the tracks' in their second race against each other. That's just what Rusty Tin did, causing Speed-Racer to crash his car into the rails in his second race (in California!).

RACER-X: Don't be dismayed little brother!
SPEED-RACER: I failed miserably and embarrassed myself on television.
RACER-X: Speed, the greatest enemy of a racer is self-doubt!
SPEED-RACER: Rusty Tin shoved me into the rails like I was a leaf.
RACER-X: I've seen racers like Tin before; to beat him, you have to be patient!
SPEED-RACER: Brother, I don't know if I have that sort of patience.
RACER-X: My mission is to remove your 'tentacles of doubt' and make you a star!
SPEED-RACER: I hope I have as much faith in myself as you do, brother.
RACER-X: Don't worry, Speed; we'll avenge your loss with great 'faith stew.'

© 2019 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7 Views
Added on August 2, 2019
Last Updated on August 2, 2019
Tags: Speed Racer, Fan-Fiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing